MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MG XPower.
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 2005 ZR that needs two front tyres, it has the original Dunlop SP Sport 9000 205/50R16 87V fitted.

Whats the best tyres to go for?

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Around £100 per tyre..
Although cheaper the better..
When you say cheaper the better its not always the case ive learnt from my mistake when i had the vectra i went for cheaper tyres to save myself some cash. Big mistake i got maxis rubber wore out real quick and the grip was rubbish so ended up buying another new set alot earlier than i would have if i had stuck with the contis that were on it . Go for a half decent tyre now and in the long run it will save you money and you wont end up in a field . I have ved ultracs on my zs now they wernt the dearest tyre but wernt cheapest either got them in 2008 and they still have a bit left on them now .

·
Wrote off but not Dead YET !!!
4,803 Posts
look up goodride tyres, they are the cheapest tyre i have ever bought (£56 a corner lol)and the best! even on track they were bloody good, swear by them now and its all i will buy now, my mate was a tyre make perv who always had named tyres on his car, but he was skint and i reccomended them to him and he said they are better than the dunlops, conti's he has had in the past, in the wet and dry

·
MG XPower.
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
look up goodride tyres, they are the cheapest tyre i have ever bought (£56 a corner lol)and the best! even on track they were bloody good, swear by them now and its all i will buy now, my mate was a tyre make perv who always had named tyres on his car, but he was skint and i reccomended them to him and he said they are better than the dunlops, conti's he has had in the past, in the wet and dry
Cheers Steve,
what pattern you using..SA05?

·
Wrote off but not Dead YET !!!
4,803 Posts
there the ones :D cheap as chips, well they are for the 205-45-17

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I'm running on Kumho tires now all round, They're very decent tires for the money, not as great as the Goodyear Eagles (Which were fantastic!) but they grip well, don't create much road noise and seem to be wearing well.

If you end up with these you won't be disappointed. Fine for normal use and the occasional spirited drive through the B-roads but you could do better for grip

1 - 12 of 12 Posts