MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at some new tyres coming up over / towards end of winter.

I don't see the point of budget tyres in any role in this world - if it stops your car, its worth the money.

So, I'm looking at Goodyear Eagles, Michelin Pilots etc. What do you recommend for quality / price and can anyone recommend anywhere decent for tyre fitting in the Birmingham area?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
hankook v12 evo's al round and cant fault them for either price or performance,havent put a foot wrong since fitted

·
Registered
407 Posts
i use BFGoodriches, found a place in hull that does them for just over £80 a corner plus delivery. i think it was about a tenner.

they give me about 15k on the front and 30k on the rear, excellent stopping in the dry, and still confidence inspiring in the wet. Although change them when they get low, as the grip does tail off when approaching 1.6mm especially when fitted to the front.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Got Dunlop SP SPortMaxx since april.

very good tire, excellent grip in dry and even good grip in heavy wet

But as i'm living in Germany i can't say anything about prices for UK

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Looking at some new tyres coming up over / towards end of winter.

I don't see the point of budget tyres in any role in this world - if it stops your car, its worth the money.

So, I'm looking at Goodyear Eagles, Michelin Pilots etc. What do you recommend for quality / price and can anyone recommend anywhere decent for tyre fitting in the Birmingham area?

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Grid/

·
Commission No: ZS-002877
36 Posts
I have Marangoni Mythos 215/45/17 fitted, I have to give these tyres a 5* rating.
Cost £70 each and I have covered over 35K since fitting them and they still have around 5mm left!
They perform perfectly in the wet, dry and unbelievable grip in snow (the car spent all winter in Poland with me, so well tested).....
I highly recommend them, before these I had Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres and they were good, but they don't last long at all!

You will have to try them to believe me....

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just invested in a set of toyo "tr1" (think thats the right model), lol £80 each but i think they are worth it especially where i live with the snow we had this year, i only had them four days so far but i cant faul them compared to the previous tyres (last set on fronts lasted maybe 10K / was no more than 14 months) but i like toyos, i had a set on my previous car and i really felt at easy and comfortable with these tyres

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Vredestein Giugiaro Ulltracs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts