MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any opinions on new tyres out there ?

My front two are knackered after 10,000 and I even drove the car sensibly for the first 7,000 miles.

The rear tyres are like brand new !

Pirrelli P6......crap wear !

Red :mad:

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Haven't had any problems with the Michelin Pilot Sports on my ZS.

Original fitment on later models - Pirellis were used on the first Zs as the Michelins were not available at the time.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Someone told me that Toyo tyres are good.

Also Goodyear F1 Eagles !

Any thoughts ?

Red

·
Registered
388 Posts
Red said:
Someone told me that Toyo tyres are good.

Also Goodyear F1 Eagles !

Any thoughts ?

Red
Unfortunately neither is available in that size yet. A friend has swapped Toyo Proxes T1-S for F1s and reckons they offer similar levels of grip in both dry and wet - and rates them both very highly. The tyres that I know of available in 205/45 x 17 are:
  • Pirelli PZero
  • Michelin Pilot Sport
  • Dunlop SP9000
  • Bridgestone RE040
  • Yokohama (Not sure which model)
  • Falken (ditto)
I know that Continental are developing the EcoContactSport in that size as well. I'll be replacing the front PZeros on my ZS180 soon but I will then rotate the tyres to wear out a set which I will replace with a different tyre - Toyo if they are available.

FWIW, if you are just replacing a pair of tyres, I would suggest replacing with the same tyres - different tyres on front and back is likely to change the handling characteristics of the car, which is not something I want to do on my car!

S.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers

Anthracite said:
Unfortunately neither is available in that size yet. A friend has swapped Toyo Proxes T1-S for F1s and reckons they offer similar levels of grip in both dry and wet - and rates them both very highly. The tyres that I know of available in 205/45 x 17 are:
  • Pirelli PZero
  • Michelin Pilot Sport
  • Dunlop SP9000
  • Bridgestone RE040
  • Yokohama (Not sure which model)
  • Falken (ditto)
I know that Continental are developing the EcoContactSport in that size as well. I'll be replacing the front PZeros on my ZS180 soon but I will then rotate the tyres to wear out a set which I will replace with a different tyre - Toyo if they are available.

FWIW, if you are just replacing a pair of tyres, I would suggest replacing with the same tyres - different tyres on front and back is likely to change the handling characteristics of the car, which is not something I want to do on my car!

S.
Thanks for this information.
I agree, its probably best to keep the same tyres. (first quote £113) I`ll keep looking for a better price !
Red

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Tyre's

Martin said:
I found that the Michellins that are fitted as standard to ZR160's are alot better than the Pirelli's
But what is the standard tyre that ZR 160`s are fitted with ?
My car came shod with Pirrellis !

Red

1 - 11 of 11 Posts