MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Supporting RML in LMES & Dyson In ALMS
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question:-

Have MG S&R bought a star trek style teleporter?

They'll need one if Reid and Hughes are to be at Donnington for the BTCC test and also at Le Mans for the Scrutineering on the moring of 11th June.

Any idea what will happen?

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Good point!

Well done Nobby, hadn't thought of that!

The MGs are due to be scrutineered on Tuesday 11 June, at the following times :

10:10 & 10:40 30 KNIGHT HAWK RACING
10:20 & 10:50 26 MG SPORT & RACING LTD
10:30 & 11:00 27 MG SPORT & RACING LTD

So it certainly looks like either Reid and Hughes will not be at Donington, or maybe they do not need to be at Le Mans till later in the day - I guess they are simply having their overalls and helmets scrutineered anyway.

Intrigueing!

David

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Do they need to weigh the drivers (as in some other sports) to get an 'on the road' total weight ??

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Makes sense.

I once lost 3/4 stone in two days (was in hospital and was on no food/drink except for a drip).

Unfortunately I put it all (and a bit more) back on.

:D :D

·
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
According to the ACO Suplementary Regs the drivers must attend the registration to present their licences and scrutineering to have their cloths and helemts insepcted. They must also be weighed.

According to the ACO Tech Regs the cars weight is without the driver and any fuel.

This all means that Reid and Hughes must be at Le Mans.

I suppose this means no testing.

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Shame really if they are not present - as I for one will definitely be in attendance! Will have to make do with Gareth and Colin then by the looks of things. Here's hoping we are all wrong!

Is anybody else going? Jerry? Jim? Nobby?

David

G

·
Air Taxi

Hey

Why can't they do both if required? :confused:

Le Mans scrutineering (remember the clocks are 1 hour forward in Europe). So they finish at 10.00 UK time.

Then jump into a fast helicopter or air taxi to East Midlands airport. Get there in time for lunch. :idea:

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
I was going to suggest the very same Jerry, just wondered who else would work it out!! I dont see how they can afford to miss testing at Donnington! Is it a full days test at Donington? they could do just the afternoon session!?

Kelv.

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
I think they have got to do Donington, well at least the afternoon anyway!

If the results at Silverstone were down so much to the test at Snetterton a few weeks earlier - like we have been led to believe in the press releases - then I think it would be silly to miss it completely!

I remember Tony Pond doing the same thing in March 1984. The York National Rally saw the debut of the MG Metro 6R4 prototype. Even though the car retired with alternator failure after Stage 8, the team had already decided (if they were to finish the rally!), that 'TP' would miss the final time control!

That way they could jump in a helicopter and make final qualifying, later that day at Silverstone, for the BTCC meeting the day after!

Pond qualified the Group A 'Sanyo' Rover Vitesse on the middle of the front row by 0.27 seconds, and went on to win the race on the Sunday! Maybe a good omen?

David

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
The last test!

Kelvin,

According to the following site...

http://www.btccpages.com/rnds2002.php

...the test at Donington on Tuesday is for am AND pm! So it might just be possible! Also, it is the final Official TOCATour Test Date of 2002 - unless the organisers decide to add anymore later in the year!

To keep up the fight to the Coupes from Luton we must do it!

David

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
From the horses mouth!

According to a contact I have within the MG Rover Press Office, and to quote...

'We think the guys are there!'

...doesn't really answer our question anymore than anything else we have come up with!

Only time will tell!

Regards,

David

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
According to my info, the guys actually did the paperwork on Monday, a BTCC fan I know asked Warren about it at Silverstone!

Kelv

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
They were there!

Yes indeed! Anthony and Warren joined Gareth, Colin and myself at Donington today for the BTCC Test Day.

According to a mechanic, they signed on at Le Mans yesterday (as Kelvin said), flew back to East Midlands last night, were present all day for the test, then were flying back to Paris and then driving to the circuit this evening for 1st Practice tomorrow! Phew!

Today was fantastic! Free entry! Only 5 cars parked in public area outside paddock! All teams present, including the Vauxhalls - for a change!

The day was split into two 3 hour sessions, one 10-1 and the other 2-5. After the morning session, the order was Andy Priaulx, Yvan Muller, ANTHONY REID, followed by WARREN HUGHES 6th, GARETH HOWELL 9th and COLIN TURKINGTON 12th.

Following the afternoon session the Vauxhalls had swept to the front with Muller fastest, HUGHES improved to 2nd, followed by James Thompson, and Matt Neal. REID was 6th just behind Priaulx, with the two Atomic Kitten entries remaining in station in 9th and 12th.

It was these afternoon times that counted as all drivers had improved on their morning times by between 0.5 and 0.8 seconds - except HUGHES who knocked nearly 1.2 seconds from his morning time!

A superb day - no cost - no spectators - no security - no marshalls! Superb!

Regards,

David

·
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the report David,

I am supprised that the ACO let them sign on Yesterday and not with the car today, I am also glad that they did as the test was obviously important for the BTCC chances for the rest of the season.

I've thought of something else now, what would have happened if the drivers had been injured at the test? Could they have been replaced at Le Mans by another driver?

I'll go and try to find out.

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Good point Nobby! Makes you think a bit doesn't it. Maybe once the drivers are signed on, they are not allowed to replace any of them, subject to any circumstances!

Apparently, Rob and Clare of www.mg-extreme.co.uk were also there - check out other thread within BTCC - EX259 & EX260 forum.

For full results, check this ;

http://www.btccpages.com/rounds/200...toncombined.php

A good improvement by Warren!

Kind regards,

David

1 - 18 of 18 Posts