MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Supporting RML in LMES & Dyson In ALMS
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well everyone just got back from Thruxton and wanted to explain why Reid did not get a podium in the Feature race.

Answer:- As Reid overtook Neal (for 3rd Place) on the start / finish Straight Turkington thought that he would be a hero and make a move on Neal at the same time, he forgot he had to brake for the corner so decided to use Reids car as a brake.

Result both MG's off and no podium.

What a Nutter

Did anyone else see the incident?

Do you agree?

Do we need "Team Rules" or should this sort of thing be acceptable?

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Although some teams do indeed issue team orders (Vauxhall today?) here we are dealing with 2 different teams. Even though the Kitty cats may get help from MGR (or WSR) they are TECHNICALLY a seperate team and would not normally be subject to any team orders from the works MG team.
Maybe the lads could have a 'quiet word' or two with him!

G

·
Nobby

We are with you - what was Turkington up to? He started crashing at Oulton and now takes out Reid - his fellow WSR supported team mate!

Our CROWD were devastated. Some members were so disgusted and disappointed that they talked of buying Vauxhalls. :(

So, what does WSR/MG Sport & racing do about Turkington? I think he should go back to University full time! :(

John - the strange thing he was a lap down so why was he driving so aggressively? Maturity springs to mind!

G

·
I know totally stupid driving! I just don't understand why? Or why Dick Bennetts didn't tell hime to ease off.

Reid was on his way for another podium too! Could have accepted the fact if Turkington took out a Vauxhall or a Vauxhall took out Reid. :( :(

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Now Now. Violence won't get us anywhere.

But it's good to get rid of stress and frustration.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Is Colin a Turkey??????/

To say i'm devastated is a understatement,in a state of shock i nearly walked onto the vauxhall dealer stand to buy a astra :eek:
At this rate MG Rover will have to buy a body pannel factory just to keep up with his demolition skills.
If i wanted to see stock racing i would have gone to essex arena not thruxton!
Now i cant say i didn't see this coming,i think he raised a few eyebrows at oulton with his gun hoo approach and he didn't disapoint today.
even though a lap down on ready ,turkey was snapping at his heels for quite a few laps and even the PA man commented on his actions before the incident.
As far as i'm concerned he should have used his head and supported read by using his car as a barrier to those behind to support reads position.
I also cant believe dick bennet didn't give intructions to back off,today was a bad day at the office-i hope the last!

btw, gareth howell was right on the pace of the astras at the end,but was he quick or were the astras coming off the boil????

kev

G

·
TURKEY he is. He want's his kneck ringing! :D

As a certain Mr Neal said today, "we should have had Plato, in that car". HERE, HERE!

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
I would imagine that the young pup would have had an ear full from our "Anthony". Dick Bennetts might well have been screaming to him in his intercom, however, he might not have been listening or it could have been a touch of "red mist", or chose not to take advice.

This was totally unacceptable. A lap down, you don't race your team mate. You would let him through and try and block as fairly as is possible the opponet. Someone, somewhere needs to give "turkey" a lesson on team tactics and how to play in a dangerous sport!

Jim

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Didn't anyone watch the BTCC on tv today?????
i believe we were right!
but i'm willing to forgive young colin seeing as he is a newbee, and i predict a podium for him this season.

kev

·
I'm not as think as you confused am I
1,023 Posts
:confused: I watched the BTCC on TV yesterday; why slag off Turkington? He was in clear road, going past that SLOWER Astra and was virtually clear until Reid tried to push the Astra into the armco! Listen, maybe he does bend some panels, but on what I've seen of the bloke, he was in the clear that day and ANYONE who can peddle last years MG that damn fast should be up for a worx drive. If AK or MG don't sign him next year, they're mad! So what if he goes off.........if ya don't overcook it once in a while, ya ain't trying hard enough! Oh, full marks to Riedy for recovering that sideways through Church - wicked piece of driving!

G

·
Sumo

There's no doubt he's fast! :D :D I was unlucky not to see the incident and thus cannot judge too harsly. Only real comment is why drive so close to Reid when not much could be gained, except a probabale off.

Otherwise, yes given time the guy will be a star. Early days and he is getting the best out of the 259 - shame they don't have the horsepower of the Vauxhalls. This is why they are trying so hard in the braking areas - only place to gain some time until AER give them a better engine!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts