MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys managed to get all the car sorted now with the paint and only thing left to do is to fit the mesh grill which is proving to be difficult as the new front bumper doesnt have the fixing brackets for the grill.

next step im going to be doing is getting some piper cams fitted,itg maxogen induction kit and a light weight flywheel does any body else have this set up what gains are you seeing?

hopefully fitted by vulcan racing ive already enquired and just awaiting a response.

does any body reckon a remap would improve performance even more or is it a case of a waste of money for the gains?

after that time to get wheels reconditioned new tyres and full valet and engine steam cleaned make it looking nice for the road.

will post pictures up soon of the car when its clean which hopefully if weather holds out will be today.

any comments much appreciated.

cheers guys.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
A proper bespoke live remap on a rolling road should be able to tie all the mods togeather, it wont add power but will make it smoother.

Likewise the lightened flywheel wont increase power but will allow the engine to spin up quicker.

I would be very carful before getting cams, they make day to day driving less refined, consider what you use your car for.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Yeah a remap is a must if you change cams, most other mods wont upset the ECU but as it uses a calculation of air pressure and RPM (and air temp to some degree) to get the air mass changing the cams will upset this and your air fuel ratio will be out.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I would be very carful before getting cams, they make day to day driving less refined, consider what you use your car for.
Mine didnt......?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts