MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Got the MG bug bad...
1,307 Posts
Tbh the 1.4 K series isnt very tunable without forking out loads of money. You may as well get a 160VVC or T16 Turbo Engine and do a conversion. If you want to see any little gains a good enclosed induction and exhaust set up will release a few ponies but not many....

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
1.4 is plenty tunable and stronger than the 1.8 on stock internals but still only worth tuning if your limited by the class your racing in to 1400cc. 1.4's have set the N/A and forced induction bhp per cc records for the K series I beleive.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes our class is limited to tuning not allowed any internal add ons, is there a chip that uses the standard ecu ????

·
Registered
507 Posts
yes our class is limited to tuning not allowed any internal add ons, is there a chip that uses the standard ecu ????

Dastek used to do a piggy back chip

but ZandF tunning can remap the standard mems ecu these guys worked on them at Rover and are easily the most knowledgable people with mems 3

·
Registered
448 Posts
Are you allowed to change things susch as the head, induction plenum chamber, throttle bodies etc?

Depending on how deep your pockets are, then get hold of a 160 head (has bigger valves). Piper do a conversion kit that allows you to use solid cams so a more radical cam profile can be used.

Replace the plastic induction manifold for the alloy plenum chanber form the 160 or if you are allowed go for a multi thottle body set up with a custom ECU.

Induction kits such as the ITG Maxogen and a decent branch manifold such as the one done by Janspeed will help with the breathing.

If you are allowed then get in touch with Frontline who can supercharge the K series! Be awesome to see a supercharged 1.4 but I reckon the cost would be astromonic as so much of the internals would have to be changed.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
My ex works R6 metro gti put out a presentable 119 at that was just a blue printed engine with induction.

If you look at the drayon manor pace series the 1.4 gti's have mild tune and are very quick. Same basic set up in the ZR and great base rally car.

adjust timing on exhaust cam change to the alloy inlet as you will be surpised what a dremal can do to match ports, skim flywheel, skim head to up compression, fuel regulator and change the air feed, cold air is a must for these cars.

had huge amount of fun lotus bashing in a 1.4 gti on track days

have to admit it was one car that I regret selling......

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dastek used to do a piggy back chip

but ZandF tunning can remap the standard mems ecu these guys worked on them at Rover and are easily the most knowledgable people with mems 3
I think we may have a few new standard motorsport ecu's in all the spares we got when mg rover closed

I suspect they must be gpn ones.

I will check it out if you want

Regards

Rob

·
Registered
71 Posts
Theses are the ecu's I mentioned above

I see the they are Rover 25 1.4 supersport and it is a motorsport part number, the 5as part it refers to is the locking fobs and alarm bits which are cable tied to them

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts