MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

just wondered and dont wanna sound thick but had my car now for 3 months(mk1 zs180)and been told what mpg i'm getting,i said no idea but was told that they have a trip computer to tell me this,were is it as presume its on the stalk but not sure if this model(02 reg)has it,could someone shed some light on this so i dont spend half day looking for the button/switch.

cheers
lee

·
Learned member
1,389 Posts
There is a trip mile counter, there is a push button on instruments display. It toggles between trip miles and total miles, hold it in to re-zero the trip miles.

·
04/02/2010
417 Posts
The 75/ZT has this feature, i was considering trying to fit it into my ZS:) alot of work though!

·
Learned member
1,389 Posts
ok,is there a trip that says mpg on the stalk or something????
Nope.

I record all my fuel consumption. Fill up to fill up and record the mileage. Most accurate way of doing it.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
scanguage has this function.

·
Elegantly Wasted
286 Posts
Nope.

I record all my fuel consumption. Fill up to fill up and record the mileage. Most accurate way of doing it.
^^ This! Most factory fitted mpg computers aren't exactly the most honest of features, well certainly not those I have checked. All i have used so far are very over optimistic:)

·
Economy motoring
2,301 Posts
The ST says 200 miles after a full tank of super!!!! Sounds about right to me!!!
My works 307 HDI says anything between 570-700 miles after i fill up. I did do over 100 miles on red though today in the 307. The needle had dropped off the gauge and the trip said --- miles until empty for the last 20 miles of my journey:lol:.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts