MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had this with Falken ZE912's??
I put the ones on the back on the front as they are new and the ones on the front were budgets but found that the car now wants to follow every line in the road.
Also just to show you how bad the budgets are........I got the tail out on the way to work round a small roundabout :agh::agh:

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
You would think being FWD that the rear tyres being worn wouldn't make much difference to handling, but as you found out with your tail out moment it does make a huge difference.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, old Dukes of Hazzard moment. If I wern't such a good driver I would be sitting in a hedge right now. Although saying that, shouldn't of been arsing around in the first place :slap:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Get Kumhos I keep telling people. Best compromise for budget, performance and durability. Never let me down. They're dead quiet too. No tramlining, no tail out. 100% happy for the past 5 years. 76 quid a corner fitted at home.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
..........Just found out though that I shouldn't of put the newer ones on the front as they should go on the back really.....oops!!
That depends on the tyres, if you have decent ones to go on the front then you can fit newer ones to the back but they have to be decent on the front as they do all the steering, all the power and a lot of the braking.

Personally I fit brand new tyres to the rear and move the previously brand new but hardly worn from the back to the front. This is so I get twice as many miles from them and when I move them they have been scrubbed in.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Yep. I got em up front at the mo and they seem to do it from half worn onwards tbh. Having said that, I've had it with other tyres too. Got two new Falkens to go on off ebay for £80 the pair which was a steal. They are getting low now and if its damp she spins up like hell so I have to be careful.

·
Learned member
1,389 Posts
I had some Falkens when I had my ZS120 a few years back . . I can say without any doubt they have easily been the worst tyres I have ever used . . .

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Some interesting comments. I will change next time around then, but at £80 for two I had to have them with cost of living as it is etc. They had been fitted to a car and wrong profile had been used. Only did a few miles. Glue still tacky from the stickers even.

·
Learned member
1,389 Posts
Some interesting comments. I will change next time around then, but at £80 for two I had to have them with cost of living as it is etc. .
I had the same thoughts when I bought the Falkens . . but driving with them it occurred to me that buying decent tyres was cheaper than going off the road into bushes/ditches/trees etc . . .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts