MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Black ZS 180
137 Posts
Shuey - excuse my ignorance but what is the format of the tracknight? I've never been to one and would like further details.

:)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yep. The Mighty(??) metro lives on -or it will after I fix it....

Might even have 2 seats fitted -and a working cooling system by then...

See you tomorrow Paul (get into Edin @ Lunchtime -assuming sleazyjet don't screw up again).

Pete

·
Registered
120 Posts
duder said:
Shuey - excuse my ignorance but what is the format of the tracknight? I've never been to one and would like further details.

:)

Duder,

Assuming its the same as usual... Open pit lane, Theres a race track, do what you like on the track for 2 hours (6 till 8). If anyone bins it or stops on track then everyone gets brought in straight away 'till they are recovered.

They tend to watch quite closely for dangerous driving (ie no racing). This makes it safe when there are a wide variety of cars on the track. You are only supposed to pass on the Left, let faster cars past, etc. There is a drivers briefing at the start when all is explained.

If you haven't been to one before, then I'm sure Paul, Claire or an other will go out with you first time to show you some lines if you want.

Hope that helps,

Pete

·
Black ZS 180
137 Posts
Pistol Pete said:
Duder,

Assuming its the same as usual... Open pit lane, Theres a race track, do what you like on the track for 2 hours (6 till 8). If anyone bins it or stops on track then everyone gets brought in straight away 'till they are recovered.

They tend to watch quite closely for dangerous driving (ie no racing). This makes it safe when there are a wide variety of cars on the track. You are only supposed to pass on the Left, let faster cars past, etc. There is a drivers briefing at the start when all is explained.

If you haven't been to one before, then I'm sure Paul, Claire or an other will go out with you first time to show you some lines if you want.

Hope that helps,

Pete
Thanks Pistol Pete. I'm unable to make it this time but would not mind going up next time. I'm actually doing the MG and Racing Car Experience on Friday 6 May (next week!) and am looking forward to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts