MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
41 - 60 of 118 Posts

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Started to build few bits up today, new bearings, crankshaft and crank all back together now with some Millers assembly lube. Sealant put in correct places and rolled even :)

Engine almost done now.....

New and old oil rails...

Block all cleaned ready for liners...

Pistons and liners in, new type N series gasket fitted i also fitted 4thou shims as liners were only sitting level...

Head all bolt on with the new 10.5 grade bolts and new torque setting...

Sealant on and rolled flat...

Cam Carrier, cams and VVC units all in too...

And almost there now...

ECU is here at last :) Cant really moan about the wait tho as got a really good deal on the unit

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Made a bit of progress this week....
New timing belt cover came only Rimmer Bro's had this

Engine waiting to meant the gearbox again :D

Nice new AP clutch

ZR set-up in garage

And at last engine out of kitchen and back where it should be

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
On to wiring today the end is in view :) just need the shielded cable for cam/crank sensors and new muti-plugs for the sensors/injectors etc to turn up now and we'l have a complete new engine wiring loom.

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Nearly have everything for the wiring now just waiting for the brown and grey Junior power timer connectors, bit more shielded cable, few solder sheeves etc etc...

Bit stuck until then so added some "service loops" just before the contacts crimps....

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Ok as long as i haven't missed any thing this should be everything needed to run plus 3 aux gauges, shift light and the clutch switch for "flat shift" ;)

laid out ready for twisting....

Wires all twisted and routed hoping for a test fire next weekend....

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Finally got back on car today....
Removed the 6 pins i needed from the small ECU connector and placed them in there new housings so i didnt have to cut the loom still on the car incase ever has to go back to standard for any reason. These are the out puts to the fuel pump, cooling fan, main relays etc switched from the Emerald

Pins from factory loom into plug.....

And joint into the male plug on my loom....

After a few more checks finally turned on the key, POWER....

And comms ;)

Base VVC map in....

Should be running again tomoz.... i hope

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Not quite the update was hoping for..... :mad:

All ran up fine no problems but after around 35-40mins @ fast idle it devolved a small oil leak from front right and rear left corners. Ive checked block and head which are still dead flat, liner heights are still all dead on 4thou and i know everything was 100% clean etc so can only think its a faulty "N" Series gasket.

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Well since engine now seems ok thought i would treat it to some new track tyre's and the end is hopefully close :)

Been a while since last updated had a little break away from it as was doing my head in :eek: Anyway loom finished now just had a last test fit to make sure everything ok before plug's go on....

Solder sleeve's to ground cam/crank shield cable's

Loom routed....

Just got to crimp this lot on now :(....

Ecu in final place....

So just a few things left now plan is for mapping to be done around middle of this mouth :)

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Few of the wiring in progress....

Wires stripped....

Terminals and seals on....

All fitted in the new housing, standard contacts for O2 heater pins and gold plated for the signal and ground pins...

One working O2 sensor....

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Few more bits came today....

Thought i would try the quickshift just out of interest to see if make's any difference as the car will now have flat shift every bit will help get the shifts down :p
Just waiting for clutch switch, linkage repair kit and remote take-off for oil gauge to come and will finally ready for mapping

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Been a good few days cars just about finished thank god and after a bit of heating and flatting to the gearlinkage to stop them rubbing when going into 5th and reverse after fitting the quickshift kit i got out for a quick spin and the first time the cars moved under K series power since February ;)....

Clutch switch fitted and tested....

Checking the Emerald is seeing the input to ground from the switch....

Clutch up....

Clutch down....

And finally testing using the EML as a shift light :p Just set to 4000rpm at mo until the mapping as been done....
[video]http://vid276.photobucket.com/albums/kk4/JohnLucy/WP_20150829_17_37_39_Pro_zpsb0ttr1fw.mp4[/video]

Copy link into your link bar for the video clip if you fancy it

41 - 60 of 118 Posts