MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in meeting and taking part in a Trackday.

The following urls can be found at Trackday companies

Motorsport Events
Bookatrack
Easytrack
Tracksense
Javelin Motorsport

I thought Kevin & I had a well organised day with Motorsport Events! Thoughts!

Saturday March 16th Bruntingthorpe £145.00
Friday March 29th Llandow NOW £99.00
Friday April 19th Hullavington £89.00
Saturday May 11th Elvington £79.00
Friday May 24th Hullavington £89.00
Saturday June 8th Elvington £79.00
Saturday June 29th Colerne £109.00
Friday July 19th Hullavington £89.00
Saturday July 27th Colerne £109.00
Friday August 9th Llandow £119.00
Saturday August 10th Colerne £109.00
Friday August 23rd Hullavington £89.00
Saturday September 7th Bruntingthorpe £145.00
Friday September 20th Hullavington £89.00
Friday October 11th Hullavington £89.00
Saturday October 12th Goodwood £169.00
Friday November 15th Hullavington £89.00
Friday December 6th Hullavington £89.00

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Jerry,

Would love to, but we can't really afford it. I'm not really talking about the track day costs themselves, but the things like tyres and brakes etc, which aren't exactly cheap on the MG.

If you're doing one not too far away though, we'll come along and cheer!

:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
ditto the money issue, especially as it looks like i am about to be made redundant :(

Also happy to come and cheer, laugh, back seat drive :D and take pictures :cool:

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Oh dear.. Hopefully you'll get a good package and then find a new job straight away!

Oh yeah, forgot about the pictures... We can also video too.. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Climber - it seems to be the norm nowadays, however on the bright side there always seems to be something around the corner. :( What industry are you in?

Nick/Climber.

Of course come along and watch the rubber melt. :) Will have a look at a date and book soon. I'm sure Ed Moore might let you do part days if the worry of tyres ect is a concern.

·
Registered
83 Posts
IT :D

But I've only been with this firm for a year so package is only two weeks :(

Any job offers gratefully considered. 3rd line support/installer development and software rollouts, I also make excellent tea :D

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Sadly not m8. The whole IT industry seems quite edgy at the minute. Nat has been looking for a new job for a while now, to cut down her commuting distance (amongst other reasons). Not much luck yet... :(

Jerry, nice offer on the part track days... Not sure if the boss would let me though... :):):):):)

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Knew IT was slowing - but I didn't know it was laying off. :(

All jobs have there down sides. I tomorrow have to drive 145 miles to MAN, then endure three paxenger sectors to Hong Kong in the back of the B747-300 freighter (MAN-AMS-DXB-HKG). Work out there before travelling home 11 days later.

OK, if you are single.

But, I shouldn't complain at least I have a job!:D

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Jerry,
Yeah the IT sector seems to be laying off a lot of people at the moment. I'm a software tester for an IT company that designs telecommunications inventory software. We laid off quite a few people in September but I got kept on. There were 15 of us, now there's only 4 including the boss. I've been looking for a while because I travel 80 miles a day and wanted to cut the distance a bit - that and the company I work for are a bunch of wasters. Oh well, as you say, at least I've got a job...

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
You notice the boss didn't pass comment on me being allowed on track on a track day... :)

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Nick Young said:
You notice the boss didn't pass comment on me being allowed on track on a track day... :)
The boss - really? Well, look whose the boss in my household for the next 11 days, on my return I feel like the lodger. :(

Nick, just buy those wheels and Nat will be like putty in your hand!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I didn't pass any comment because if you really want to we can go and participate in a part track day - as long as you don't throw it about too much of course - that's my only condition :D :D :D
As long as you'll let me have my spoilers ;)

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
I've yet to do a track day, but I have long been registered with Bookatrack.com. Some reasonable deals, and an excellent website & message boad to support track day nuts!!

Kelvin

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
Bookatrack started with 2 guys - Marcus and Jonny 5 - both Elise nuts at the time.

2-3 years ago they were doing private airfield days, which morphed into Easytrack. They then split and now we have Bookatrack (Jonny 5) and Easytrack (Marcus). Attended an Easytrack event at Castle Combe when they were partners and one with Easytrack (Marcus).

I thoght all well orgaised, but Ed Moore had more personnel available to help us on the day Kev & I attended.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Nick you could do the track day in my car - it'd be cheaper, but you'd need to at least make it look fast. That means you'd better get me some spoilers and wheels :D :D :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts