MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
The Kernahan TRACK Day is on the 18th July. Cost £100 for those wishing to participate.

Special Guest Driver: Someone called Warren Hughes????

Venue - Castle Combe.

MG Sport & Racing may have a EX257 and/or 259 present too.

ZT265 will be there if released by then + other MG's available to drive.

Phone Kernahans - ask for Martin Kernahan - Alistair or Ian.

Tel: 01993 703924

PS. Add to the thread if you going!

Kernahan Website

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
Good circuit, I've driven Moto-builds championship winning MGF around there, brilliant!!

While you are Combe you can also check out the Skid Pan and Kart track: http://www.combe-events.co.uk The skid pan training is of particlar value to learn how to control your car in tricky situations!!

I may well go, but I will have to clear it with er'indoors, will definatley bring my camera!!

Kelvin

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Kelvin to his credit has mentioned this "MG" track day over on the MG BB. So you had better book quickly - only 50 lucky people alllowed! :D

I'm in - Trophy 160 (she doesn't know yet!) :D

Kernahan's will also have their Modified MGF there too.

Good to have the Blue ZS either on track with or without camera!

Kevin (N) - booked yet?

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Also Booked MAX into this - so the Trophy goes defo. I will have the EVO there, if work perrmits me time off. When I booked MAX into the event, Ian mentioned Martin will have MG's available for us to drive too.

So to recap - £100 gets you a track day at Castle Combe. Warren Hughes to drive the nuts off your car. The usual MGR show cars - BTCC and Le Mans challengers. The opportunity to drive other MG's from the range (check availability with Alistair when booking).

Finally, to see like minded souls at one gathering.

PS. Thats 2 places gone! :D
PSS. Lets see a few more ZEDS - showing the TF/F nancies a clean pair of heels. :)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Yep, gonna ring them up tomorrow. Nick's really hoping to meet Warren Hughes :D :D :D

I'll book some holiday and bring along the digicam and the camcorder - chief spectator :D

I just hope we can get a place! If not, I'd still like to come along and cheer anyway :D

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Nick

Does this mean 4 out of the 50 places are gone? If you have more info Nick after booking - let us know - I think I've posted most but not sure!

Everyone.

Remember, it's not a "trad track day" anybody can exploit their vehicles performance or not as the case maybe! I think "FUN" is how they would like to describe it! :D

Ideal for those who are a little wary of a trackday.

PS. Kelvin mentioned he may come along and take photos - maybe worth giving Martin a ring and do it officially. I'm sure he would jump at the chance!

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Jerry,

Not sure if it will be 4 or 3 places booked. Nat is spectating, but not necessarily driving. In any case, we'll take the video camera... We will go into Kernahans tomorrow morning to pay and get the info then.

Nat rang them up this morning to confirm our place...

I certainly won't be going too fast, as the tyres are expensive, the brakes are expensive, and we're taking the car on holiday the week afterwards... :D

I'm just going for fun, to meet people, and to enjoy myself. Castle Combe (I'm told) is quite non-abrasive on the tyres, plus I've driven the circuit before, so I already know what to expect.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Quick one off topic - how much are the tyres? There's a trackday setup page somewhere on site - have a look at that. Will be good to see and meet people regardless of driving :D

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Jerry, to replace them with the same make/model of tyre, I'm looking at about 200 - 250 quid a wheel.

I've seen some alternatives, but I shall investigate further closer to when I actually need some...

In short. EXPENSIVE!... :eek: :eek: :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
That's a stupid price - give Micheldever a call and have a recheck! What size are they Nick and the type fitted?

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
Excellent Kevin. Will you let Warren drive the ZS? He ain't driving the EVO, maybe he can blow his waves in the Trophy!
Now then what about all those ZS120/180's out there? Dave's V8 and Jim and Matts cruisers? :D

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I'd love hughesy to do a lap in the car, the big question is jim gonna turn up?
he's been making outrageous claims of beating ZS180's.nows the time to put up or shut up ;)

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Why are these things always taking place when I'm still at school?

A week later and it would have been during the hols.

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
I forgot about that - it would be Martins own car! Has it on order before picking up the 385. :D :D

Should be a good day!

John - I bet I'm away for it too!

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
It doesn't work like that for teachers.

Also can't be too sure that the deputy head doesn't look at this board from time to time. He drives a R75 and tells me that he keeps looking at a ZT.

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
John

Can't you reschedule your lessons for the day (bring along the deputy head - he can test drive a ZT on the circuit too)? The kids would be most impressed if they knew the machine has been round Castel Combe! :D :D :D

Would be great to have the crowd there. You're nearly there? Need Dave's SD1 now! :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.