MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went on an organised tour of the Longbridge plant...
Saw bodies being welded up and assembled, then to another part of plant to see bare shells turned into shiny new MGs and Rovers :)

Kelvin

G

·
Tour

Very good Kelvin, I know Jerry would love to have gone.

We went out in the afternoon looking at none MGR's, but in the Trophy with the hood down. Jerry has decided to get a track day car, if he can find something.

G

·
sad - sad - sad - sad - sad - sad

1000th post. My God, I am sad. Time to go and give the car a blast. See ya later in the day!

Just a few questions:

Did you enjoy yourself then Kelvin?
What's the "Visitor Centre" like?
Did you see anything of the forthcoming RWD ZT's?
Who organised the tour?
Manage to walk out of the factory with a "V8?'

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I did enjoy, its my 3rd factory visit!
Visitors centre is nothing special, jut like a large dealer showroom.
A few cars on display which included a ZR Rally Car complete with hot wheels decals etc.
Not RWD ZTs and no info forthcoming!
The tour was organised thru the FWD register of the MG Car Club!! Upto 25 on a tour if you can get a tour as officailly they dont do them, where as they were a regular feature in the *** days!

No sign of V8 anywhere, sorry Jerry

·
Registered
115 Posts
As you go in q Gate follow the road round and you will see the show room and it has the zr hot wheels car and the zs touring car. A bloke came past me in the zr hot wheels car as he took it for a spin yesterday, u should have heard the engine mmmmmmm lovely :D

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tourer said:
As you go in q Gate follow the road round and you will see the show room and it has the zr hot wheels car and the zs touring car. A bloke came past me in the zr hot wheels car as he took it for a spin yesterday, u should have heard the engine mmmmmmm lovely :D

No ZS touring car in there yesterday!
I'm not you can just turn up to visitor centre without some sort of appointment?

Kelvin

·
Registered
115 Posts
sorry mate, i meant next time you go on a tour :D we will have to meet up there on your next visit :D im going to longbridge in about an hour :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts