MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why do people think its ok to ring you up about ur car when for sale knowing full well they ant even gonna even come and have a look at ur car,waste of time and energy.saddos jog on !!!!!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
.why do people think its ok to ring you up about ur car when for sale knowing full well they ant even gonna even come and have a look at ur car,waste of time and energy.saddos jog on !!!!!!
Cheer up and better luck next time.. ;)

Yes there are dreamers and time wasters. Both vendors and buyers. Tis human nature...:)

Whenever I phone up about a car for sale I am ALWAYS genuine. I ask a few key questions and if I get the slightest bad vibes with one or more answers, then the vendor has wasted my time by not including key information in the description. I take it no further.

So, yes it works both ways. Not saying it's the case here with your car, but there can be a genuine other side to the story.

I have been buying cars since I bought my first one in 1959. Yes, it certainly works both ways.

So, after fifty plus years buying cars, my advice is always be honest and give a full description highlighting and negatives more so than all the positives. It's the negatives which really put folks off particularly if they appear later in the process.

That way folks are fully aware of exactly what is on offer and can make a judgement.

It's amazing how many sellers fail to do this by a long chalk. If in the seller's description there is a warning about time wasters, I move on. Experience has taught me that such types are often the time wasting sellers. Not always but far from rare.

Just another side of the coin.

·
www.irishhillclimb.com
211 Posts
Twice i got phone calls at near 3am about two different cars
Wasters, probably drunk of doped, dreaming about what they wish they could have

Best one yet...
I sold a car at weekend,
600e MR2, it was a fair price for it as it needed some work
i told the guy everything it needed, rust in sills, an engine mount, etc...
about 3 hours later, the same car was advertised for 1500e with photos of a different car and described as mint, No rust... etc...
All the things i had told him were wrong had disapeared from the description

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bloodyhell mike,talk about chalk n cheese there mate lol. I'm honest and look after my cars like loads of people on here,loads of dreamers out there unfortunately. I'm in no rush to sell if at all, a bloke at work wants it badly but has to sell his,he's going to try n borrow the money off his old man so fingers crossed,,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts