MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be going in my 160 and will be there for 9 a.m.

I would like suggestions on where to meet, I believe there are lots of Little Thiefs (Chefs) on the A303 but I also believe there are services just near Andover (If you come from the A34/M3) .

Also I realise people will be coming from all directions so just after Stonehenge (on A303) is another services just off the roundabout (towards Andover from Stonehenge) but I can't remember what its called.

I think having a convoy of MG/Rovers to the event will be outstanding.

So please can we decide soon!

Race day is drawing near.........

G

·
Rendevous for Thruxton!

OK

Kelvin posted the following on the other thread:

The Circuit gates will open at 0700 hours on Monday May 6th

Practice starts at 10.00
10.00 to 10.30 Caterham Superlights - Qualifying
Pits Walkabout - Autograph Session, 10.45 to 11.30
Blah Blah.

Being Bank Holiday what about meeting at 0830 (leave no later than 0900) at the ROUNDABOUT you mentioned. Looking at the map book - is it where the A345 crosses the A303? Confirm this and we are a go.

If so, decision made.

Please add your names to the list so we know who to expect, for the Convey! Maybe Ninja can get his twig out and "get us rolling"

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Yup, we'll see you there. I'm sure it won't be a problem getting there for 0830 - Nick?

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Nope, no problem as long as you don't mind a 7:30 start to get there for then?

Plus, I don't know the area at all, so someone will have to give detailed directions to the meeting point...

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
OK, it's definite then - we'll be there for 0830!

Right - who's the map expert then?? :D Jerry? :D

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
Multimap is pretty good!
www.multimap.co.uk

I'm still undecided as when I'm travelling down, but I f I do travel down on Monday morning, I will be coming from M3 direction and will have to drive past Thruxton, and double back from the A345

Another complication for me is that because I have a media pass I think I have to go in via a back road. It still goes to main gate, & it shud avoid the Q's. Might be worth the convoy going in this way?

If you look on the map, head for Shipton Bellinger, (A 338) then its a country road that runs parralel to the A303 to Thruxton and Fyfield!

For Maxium effect and visibilty to other road users you may still want to stick to the main road?

Kelvin.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe the services @ the A303/A345 roundabout are called
Countess Services. So meet here @ 8:30 ?

G

·
Sorted.

Well - dunrob - suggested it - Nat & Nick agreed - I've done the page. SORTED.

Agreed, it maybe not ideal for all of us - but we don't make a decision soon then we won't have a plan!

Will incoporate a better map later on this page, using Kelvins suggestion later. Will do one for the Midlands meet later.

XPower Events

·
Long Haired Lout
1,050 Posts
lo all, you can count me in. I'll be following my bro dunrob. Would be an awesome sight to see a shed load of zeds turn up all at once! :D

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
We'll be there at 8:30am Jerry as planned. I'm sure we'll find where it is! Driven past Thruxton a few times, although admittedly following Mum and Dad on the way to Lyme Regis!

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
OK, we've received our tickets (from barc.net), and it looks like we've been allocated to be in car park A.... (big yellow piece of paper saying car park A)...

Anyone else get advance tickets and have different/same allocation? Never having been to Thruxton before, and not knowing it, this means nothing to me and they haven't given any more information..

Anyone able to enlighten me???

G

·
Don't know Nick.

Haven't pre-booked in case I had to go to work!

Should be good - convoying in our ZEDS! :D

Best get out and give it a clean tomorrow evening, will be armed with camera for a group shot!

·
in The Chairman's Chair
957 Posts
Would Love To Meet Up But.........

Hi all

Sounds great the idea of meeting up, but as We will be travelling down from Cannock, Staffordshire on Monday Morning an 830am meet is a little too early even for us early risers.

Do you have any thoughts of possibly arranging a meeting inside Thruxton on MOnday for others who cannot get to the meeting point in the morning?

Could be nice for other forum contributors to all join up and have a bit of a "chin wag"

Regards

Rob & Clare
www.mg-extreme.co.uk

PS.

We have also had advanced tickets and we also have been allocated Gate A !!!!

G

·
So who will be there??

MAX & Jerry - ZT190+
Dunrob - ZR160
Nick & Nat Young - ZT190+
LimpMisFit - ZR???
Kev Neal - ZS180
Cerbman - ???

Please paste the above and add your name if you are planning to meet before at the RV

Rob & Clare - will mail my mobile #

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
We'll see you in the morning :) Just got some petrol and cleaning the car (again) in a few minutes. (It got cleaned on Friday too!)

Nick is too proud :D

G

·
Update

MAX & Jerry - ZT190+
Dunrob - ZR160
LimpMisFit - ZR???
Kev Neal - ZS180
Cerbman - ???
Ninja - in the circuit.
Kelvin - in the circuit.

Don't rush at the meet guys - we won't leave until all there. Lets try to get there for 0900 - if a little later 0915 don't worry - as long as we know you are meeting. Cerbman?

I'll bring the XPower T-shirts and Fleeces I have (all XL).

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Update :D
MAX & Jerry - ZT190+
Dunrob - ZR160
LimpMisFit - ZR???
Kev Neal & Matt Hicks - ZS180
Cerbman - ???
Ninja - in the circuit.
Kelvin - in the circuit.

Don't rush at the meet guys - we won't leave until all there. Lets try to get there for 0900 - if a little later 0915 don't worry - as long as we know you are meeting. Cerbman?

I'll bring the XPower T-shirts and Fleeces I have (all XL).

·
Long Haired Lout
1,050 Posts
Didn't get a chance to wash my car today-btw its a ZR160 in trophy blue- was paintballing all day. Got a few aches and bruises but looking forward to meeting everyone. Cya all around 9 am :)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts