MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Next round is at Thruxton - only 2 weeks to wait this time. :D

Anybody know the area and want to arrange a meet as per Oulton for the Sunday?

·
in The Chairman's Chair
957 Posts
Thruxton - Meet

Sounds great, Can only do Monday (Race Day)

If anyone is meeting up for before hand let me know.

Me and Clare will be coming down from Staffordshire, Tickets already ordered (With Paddock upgrade).

Will be in my Trophy Blue ZR160 this time. Went to Oulton in Clare's Trophy Blue 105.

Regards

Rob & Clare
www.mg-extreme.co.uk
[email protected]

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
I would like to attend Thruxton as it's a fast circuit and I'm sure the MG's will do well. Know the area well. Used to wear alot of green and play silly buggers on Salisbury Plain.

Marlborough (circa 20 miles North of Thruxton) would be a good place. Wide through road with plenty of parking in the centre. Very similar to Bury St Edmunds.

Will advise on my movements when known. Trouble id that it is very close to June. We all know what that means. LE MANS!

Jim

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Yup, definitely going to Thruxton - it's the closest circuit for us.

What are others doing? Are you meeting on the way as per Oulton and then driving in together or meeting there?

We'll probably buy tickets at the gate - unless anyone knows of a way to get them cheaper?

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
JIM

Le Mans that's no excuse - Marlborough should be a good meeting spot too.

NB. Thanks for yesterday - went to our "Special Friends" Embassy yesterday - closed. Actually logged onto the website before as well and didn't twig it. Downloaded a form but without the paying in slip - Americans - so the downloaded form was a waste of space. :(

I had to then phone a help line, but not from a mobile - so found a payphone and spent £10 minimum at £1.60 per minute. JIM then helped out - God only knows what the phone bill will be like?

Reason is that my B1 Visa has just ran out and I now hope to go to Arizona to pick up Dragonair's additional B747-300 to our fleet. Touch and go whether I'll make it.

Airfreight - remember the first EVO VII in the country - Warrenders of Bolton airfreighted it (Virgin Atlantic) at a cost of £15,000. Our outfit can do the same work, but at a good rate.

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
Sunday 5th May :-
Adult admission Sunday May 5th: £8.00 at the Gate, or £7.00 if purchased in advance.
Child admission (15 and under, accompanied by an adult) Free of charge. Paddock Transfer is Free of charge.
Grandstand seats £5.00 extra for each seat.

The Circuit gates will open at 0700 hours on Sunday May 5th.

Practice starts at 09.00
09.00 to 09.25 Porsche Cup - Free Practice
09.30 to 10.40 Church Break
10.45 to 11.25 MSA British Touring Cars - Free Practice
11.40 to 12.10 National Formula Ford - Qualifying
12.30 to 13.10 MSA British Touring Cars - Free Practice
13.10 to 14.10 Lunch Break
14.10 to 14.30 Porsche Cup - Qualifying
14.45 to 15.15 Elf Clio RENAULTSport - Qualifying
15.30 to 16.13 MSA British Touring Cars - Qualifying
16.25 to 16.55 Formula Renault - Qualifying

Racing Starts at 17.15
Race 1, National Formula Ford Zetec Championship, 14 laps, starting at approx 17.10
Race 2, Michelin Porsche Cup, 14 laps, starting at approx. 17.55

Monday 6th May :-
Adult admission Monday May 6th: £20.00 at the Gate, or £16.00 if purchased in advance.
Child admission (15 and under, accompanied by an adult) Free of charge.
Paddock Transfer £6.00 on the day, or £5.00 if purchased in advance.
Grandstand seats £10.00 extra for each seat.

The Circuit gates will open at 0700 hours on Monday May 6th

Practice starts at 10.00
10.00 to 10.30 Caterham Superlights - Qualifying
Pits Walkabout - Autograph Session, 10.45 to 11.30
Racing starts at 11.45
Race 3, Elf Clio RENAULTSport UK Cup, 14 laps, starting at approx. 11.45
Race 4, Green Flag MSA British Touring Car Championship, Sprint Race, 15 laps, starting at approx 12.40
Race 5, National Formula Ford Zetec Championship, 16 laps, starting at approx 13.40
Race 6, Michelin Porsche Cup, 18 laps, starting at approx 14.35
Race 7, Formula Renault UK Championship, 20 laps, starting at approx 15.10
Race 8, Green Flag MSA British Touring Car Championship, Feature Race, 25 laps, starting at approx 16.15
Race 9, IGC Caterham Superlight Challenge, a 30 minute race, starting at approx 17.25

Races 4 to 9 will start as soon as possible after the preceding race.

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
who me?
got my days muddled!! LOL

If im on my own I will go sunday, and sleep over in car,
and will be there monday of course! If Linda decides to come
then I will travel down early monday morning!. to arrive between
8 and 9

Kelv

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
We'll be coming on the Monday - race day!

Thought family were coming too, but they changed their minds, so it's just Nick, Cameron and I.

Not sure what we're doing about meeting up if anything??

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Cannot make this one.

Too far away for us to get back and be at our best the next day (Adam has exams on the Tuesday and wants to prepare - all I've got to do is invigilate them).

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
JLD

Sounds reasonable.

I guess we have 2 questions here:

1. Do we want to meet, before going in. I realise we are all coming from different directions?

2. Who is going?

·
in The Chairman's Chair
957 Posts
Thruxton Meeting

Count Us In

We have tickets for Monday's race day and will be there come rain or shine.

Just let us know when and where your are all meeting and If it fits with us we will be there.

Regards

Rob & Clare
www.mg-extreme.co.uk

·
True Brit
1,048 Posts
Definitely going on monday, should be there by 9am. As I said before Stonehenge is near to Thruxton and is easy to find on the A303, therefore is a possible meeting place, failing that I'll keep my eye out for a great line of Zeds at the circuit.:)

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
Robin

Stonehenge on the A303 - is that where the A338 crosses. Need to get ye olde map book out. On this confuser the Autoroute is a little old!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts