MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Supporting RML in LMES & Dyson In ALMS
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going to Thruxton this weekend. I'll be there on Monday can't wait.

Hopefilly Warren can continue to do well even with the ballast & Antony won't have any so he looks like my favourite for a podium.

G

·
Well Guys

How do you think the EX259/260's will do this weekend?

I reckon we could get a front row qually from Reid. :D
Warren is carrying ballast.

If it rains - Reid could get a win. If not we can expect at least a third place from one of the cars. :D

What do you think??

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Blimey it's alright for some. Mon to Fri, 9am to 5pm. Sorry guys can't make it. Working sat, Sun and Mon. However, hope you all enjoy the racing and Thruxton. Anyway too close to Le Mans.

Who will win? Got to Anthony. Warren carrying too much ballast.

Jim

G

·
Kelv

Are you a bit of a WHEEL MAN then? Watch out Kelvins about.

See ya Monday - meet you in the crt for a natter? Need a flying Warren picture!

·
Supporting RML in LMES & Dyson In ALMS
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
XPower Admin!

Thanks for the tip (I hadn't noticed that forum before)

Won't meet you this time, I'm under a bit of a tight schedule as my sister has just had a baby.

My '71 Midget might look good next to your Zeds another time though.
Planning to go to Donington in September as well, may be see you then.

Enjoy the day I will, very excited at see a proper motor race rather than that F1 rubbish.

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Sorry all, not able to make it to Thruxton on this occasion. I went to Donington & Brands in 2001, and have been to Brands & Oulton so far this year so haven't done bad really

My excuse? Well I'm doing the same as Jim - working all weekend!

Actually that is a little bit of a pork pie as I might nip to Donington on Sunday morning - only 20 minutes away!

The reason? Well, Finnish rally driver Harri (brother of the late Henri) Toivenen is racing in the Euro Boss (old F1) Championship. You may recall that in 1986 he used to rally a Unipart sponsored MG Metro 6R4, and I happen to have in my grubby little mits a period b/w press photo which I would like him to add his scribble to.

Sorry for waffling on a bit and changing the theme of this thread!

To change it back... I agree with all of the above pundits who have tipped Anthony to star at Thruxton. Shame Warren did so well at Oulton as Thruxton is one of his favourite circuits - I think we still might see some 'Hot Wheels' from him though (sorry about the pun!).

And we mustn't forget the Nuclear Pussycat guys. Another Independents Cup win I think - nice to see Colin convert some of his speed into a Top 6 finish.

Good luck to all concerned, really do wish I was going!

Kind regards,

'Extreme!'

1 - 9 of 9 Posts