MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My beloved MG was broken into! some thievin gits decided to steal my dvd player from my car but how they managed it at 10am on a fairly road i will never know! thats right in broad daylight someone managed to smash the small back door window, get the locks open get into the car n take out a fully fitted dvd screen from my car without anyone hearing or seeing anything happen, its a kenwood kvt 522 with a small chip of plastic missin in the bottom left hand corner of the casing, you cannot tell its a dvd player until the screen is fully open, they didnt get the bluetooth or dvb tuner modules they are still securely concealed but please if anyone hears of a KENWOOD KVT 522 dvd in a similar condition for sale from around ashton under lyne oldham or manchester area contact me asap iv kept ma eys on all seeling sites like gumtree loot pistonheads but theres too many any help would be appreciated! also i have a kenwood kac9104d 1800watt monoblock amplifier which i might just sell aswell now any offers messege me iv jus got the amp no box but can get a manual for it. any help regarding the screen wont go unrewarded! thankyou in advance!

·
Registered
151 Posts
arse holes,why people do this i would never no,if my kids ever do it ill cut there hands of!!seriously tho,sorry to here that,down here theres not that much of that sort of thing normanlly but someone the other day keyed my motor,*******s!!

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Sorry to hear this, we had our radio nicked in the same way, few years ago now, off our drive.

We were putting in a new bathroom at the time, clock pulled out and stopped at 23.45, but we were still taking stuff out of the bathroom and putting it in the drive. Dogs didnt bark.

Put a new alarm in after that and it stopped them braking in, didnt stop them cutting the plastic fuel pipe to drain off a bit of petrol!!!!

Cost of replacement radio and repairs to the surround, for what £25 down the pub if they are lucky.

Hope you get yours sorted without too many £££'s

:wave:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the response iv got a few connections on the streets around here so if anything turns up il hear about it, caled in regards to the amp im looking to get around £140 but if you collect we can work something out if anyone else is interested message me thanks again

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
know how you feel, had the headunit stolen from one of my cars, only left it in there for 5 minutes, I remembered I hadn't taken it out, went back to the car park and it was gone, smashed window and the whole centre console gone. Police reconed it would have been sold / swapped for just 1 fix. (it was a very expensive head unit, so 1 fix is just a ****take)

cost of the window etc was considerably more then the price of a fix too.

·
Flying the Flag
212 Posts
That sucks mate! Really hate people who do that.

As an aside, some time ago I was visiting a textile factory in Manchester, located in a large building full of different, mainly textile companies. I'm sure you know the one I mean.

One of the guys I was with was a dodgy beggar from Wolverhampton, he had a van load of textiles to collect and one of the lads from Manchester gave him a couple of big boxes of "stuff" to take back with him and a "friend" would pick it up.

I had a peek at what was in the boxes and it was all BMW and Mercedes stereos, most with some sort of damage around the fascia and wires ripped/snipped at the back.

I'd guess they were being nicked and shipped out down other parts of the country quickly to be sold far away from where they'd come from.
Thankfully the dodgy beggar got his collar felt not too long afterward for something entirely unrelated.

It'd be nice if you could find your unit for sale mate, and point the coppers in the right direction - but I wouldn't be surprised if it was in Aberdeen or Dartford by now!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all your responses after shakin a few people and knoking on a few doors iv got quite a good idea of who is it! luckily one of the shop owners had some cctv i cant see the face but i can tell straight way from the manners of the person roughly who it is he knew what he was going for and how to get to it aswell n believe me when i tell you it wasnt a junkie or smackhead, now its just a matter or time before i close the net on him, iv never trusted the police for anythin in my life and no offence to any coppers on here! but i dnt intend to either seein as in the past i had nazi signs sprayed on ma brothers car witnesses saw the racists bigots doin it and told me i told the police who wrote a report and left it at that! i took the law into my own hands then, i will do the same now! thanks again for all your responses

·
Registered
795 Posts
thanks for all your responses after shakin a few people and knoking on a few doors iv got quite a good idea of who is it! luckily one of the shop owners had some cctv i cant see the face but i can tell straight way from the manners of the person roughly who it is he knew what he was going for and how to get to it aswell n believe me when i tell you it wasnt a junkie or smackhead, now its just a matter or time before i close the net on him, iv never trusted the police for anythin in my life and no offence to any coppers on here! but i dnt intend to either seein as in the past i had nazi signs sprayed on ma brothers car witnesses saw the racists bigots doin it and told me i told the police who wrote a report and left it at that! i took the law into my own hands then, i will do the same now! thanks again for all your responses
Did they name the people that did it and then the police didn't do anything about it at all? If so that is poor.

Be careful taking the law in to your own hands, if more people do it it will leave more time for us to concentrate on speeders!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The guy who sprayed the car even sprayed his own name on the neighbours wall along with some racist slander. i pointed it out to them showed em thework of art to which the police responded "he could have been framed" i have it all on paper both at home and hopefully still a copy in the police station, the guy denied to the police obviously!

A stupid question but when the drivers door is locked and the door pin is down is it still possible to open any of the other doors from inside such as from the handles or pins on any door but the drivers? if so is there no deadlock or mechanism to stop it opening? the reason im asking is whoever broke into my car only broke the small window on the back drivers side door, now my arms are fairly long but i still had a fair amount of trouble reaching in without catching on the broken glass also i couldnt unlock the door when the drivers door was locked but after unlocking it and trying it it still seemd awkward to get my arm in properly to be able to lift the pin up and open the door, as most zs owners will know its not easy to lift the door pin if you nudge it down by mistake when driving especially with stubby fingers so how could he have opend it because theres no marks on the pin either to suggest the use of any tool such as pliers iv checked the cctv but my car is just half in the picture (thats typical of the cctv from your local off licence) also where can i get a cheap replacement window for the door thanks

·
Registered
795 Posts
There was no way of proving that 'beyond all reasonable doubt' His name sprayed on a wall means nothing, anyone could have done that. People are quick to blame the police for 'doing nothing about it' yet have no real evidence to prove the case.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
to be honest i would thought the same until he not came round my house 2 days later to apologise which is when i lost my rag n he lost some teeth

·
Registered
795 Posts
The problem is that there is a difference in knowing someone is guilty and proving it. A name sprayed on a wall can be seen in two ways, would someone be stupid enough to do it or have they been framed? Often at work we know someone is guilty but can't get the evidence to prove it which is very frustrating and leads to people thinking the police do nothing about crime when it is not the case.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Unfortunately it is a little thing called the police and criminal evidence act which has been with us for the last half of my 30yrs of service. Before that and as a good local copper we too would have the same gut feelings and go out and arrest whom we thought did it and bang them up for a little while. Guess what ! They normally had done it, or if not , knew who had and bingo job done.We had some bits stolen off our Corsa on the drive a while back and we too found out who did it and I have to confess, we found him and got our stuff back off his car whilst he was sat in Mc Donalds car park with his mates. No violence though as I was still serving, but like you, knew it would be a long trawl doing it the proper way.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
In my day , PC Duffy would give you a good clip round the ear, for riding a bike with no lights. If you told your dad, you'd get it round the other ear.

Now, the policeman would be hauled up in front of a judge, £££'s handed down to poor little Jimmy, for his hurt feelings, and the policeman would lose his job and pension.

Can see what way its gone and I know when it felt safer on the streets.

Think the police carry more protection than our guys out fighting the wars, and thats not just for show. Think they do a great job, even when I get pulled.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
In my day , PC Duffy would give you a good clip round the ear, for riding a bike with no lights. If you told your dad, you'd get it round the other ear.

Now, the policeman would be hauled up in front of a judge, £££'s handed down to poor little Jimmy, for his hurt feelings, and the policeman would lose his job and pension.

Can see what way its gone and I know when it felt safer on the streets.

Think the police carry more protection than our guys out fighting the wars, and thats not just for show. Think they do a great job, even when I get pulled.

It wasn't so long ago the the bobby would clip your ear and tell your dad who'd also clip your ear!

·
Registered
293 Posts
My beloved MG was broken into! some thievin gits decided to steal my dvd player from my car but how they managed it at 10am on a fairly road i will never know! thats right in broad daylight someone managed to smash the small back door window, get the locks open get into the car n take out a fully fitted dvd screen from my car without anyone hearing or seeing anything happen, its a kenwood kvt 522 with a small chip of plastic missin in the bottom left hand corner of the casing, you cannot tell its a dvd player until the screen is fully open, they didnt get the bluetooth or dvb tuner modules they are still securely concealed but please if anyone hears of a KENWOOD KVT 522 dvd in a similar condition for sale from around ashton under lyne oldham or manchester area contact me asap iv kept ma eys on all seeling sites like gumtree loot pistonheads but theres too many any help would be appreciated! also i have a kenwood kac9104d 1800watt monoblock amplifier which i might just sell aswell now any offers messege me iv jus got the amp no box but can get a manual for it. any help regarding the screen wont go unrewarded! thankyou in advance!
Keep an eye on one of those auction sites on the internet, you never know those B****ta*ds may try to sell it on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know who it was, it was ma brothers neighbour can you belive that sh** i blatantly cought him 2 nights ago scrubbing the paint of my door handle, after the lads did a little investigating, now he knows he owes me 600 n hes got 5 days too pay but i have told the police lets give them one last chance see how far my national insurance contributions will get me eh! i really appreciate the comments n support i do apoligise if iv offended anyone but one of the best things about this forum is people respect others opinions thanks again!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts