MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just tried to enter the site and this came up...

Warning this site may harm your computer.

Themgzs contains elements from the site hegeam.com which appears to host malware- software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer....etc etc

anyone know anything is this a real threat ?

Cheers

·
''Fire up the Quattro''.
1,935 Posts
i just tried to enter the site and this came up...

Warning this site may harm your computer.

Themgzs contains elements from the site hegeam.com which appears to host malware- software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer....etc etc

anyone know anything is this a real threat ?

Cheers
..........something to do with all the chavs on there these days now :whistle:

·
Wrote off but not Dead YET !!!
4,803 Posts
i got the same, my AV stopped me opening the page

·
Longbridge !
3,306 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
apparently some code has got in that should not have done, the site webmaster is looking into it now.

shows how rubbish my work provided anti virus is as it has not reported a thing...

really should strip it off and put summit else on it that is better :lol: tho this only my GF pc now so maybe not so important.....

·
12,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still cant access the site, its perhaps best we dont try again till someone who knows says its clear...????

·
Registered
157 Posts
Same thing has affected my BRM site. Seems some code has been placed by a spambot into the adverts that appear on the site, well that's what I've been told anyway, still trying to get mine fixed, ugh!

·
Double Agent
2,746 Posts
still cant access the site, its perhaps best we dont try again till someone who knows says its clear...????
Removed the offending code from the "themgzs.co.uk" files... it looks like it was a server wide exploit.. .so any other sites on that server may also be affected (Note, its not my server so I can't investigate further than that!)

Same thing has affected my BRM site. Seems some code has been placed by a spambot into the adverts that appear on the site, well that's what I've been told anyway, still trying to get mine fixed, ugh!
Do you need a hand with sorting it?

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Well done ZS, can never understand why people play around with these codes. Or put viruses into our computers.

I'm sure if they know what they are doing, they should be able to earn mega bucks doing proper programming.

:wave:

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Was ok for me but just tried getting on there and got the unsafe message.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I tried to log in just now, and also got the unsafe message.

Although nothing was detected during yesterdays episode.

·
Administrator
10,642 Posts
Same here, not good :(

·
12,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
still getting the same pop up :-(

·
12,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
any updates, still looking decidedly iffy.

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
Can't view the site - except the initial portal. Looks like a modified Vb site.

Maybe could do with the code updating as its moved on quite a bit sense then,

1 - 20 of 24 Posts