Votes: 6 12.2%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Answer

Well, just to say....

The 180 will be.....

OK, I spoke with a nice guy from B&M who said he had sent some goodies to ?/!"&*% so I can only "assume" it will be....

Should I be playing with inside info?

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I am a little confused?

I do not remember this thread or my reply and this was back in 2002?

Anyone hazard a guess were this has come from?

Eddie

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Does someone esle have access to my logon?????
That post is under my user name but it was not me that posted it?

Mods, please PM me and advise the IP and I'll trace it myself.

Eddie

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Ed it was posted in april 2002 and probably someone has voted on the Poll today.

·
Still not cured of MG addiction
7,110 Posts
That is correct Paul, poll threads go to the top of the list when someone votes even though the thread is years old. I think it is considered a bug in the forum software and was changed in later versions. Really a vote should not be considered the same thing as a post on the thread.

·
19,410 Posts
That is correct Paul, poll threads go to the top of the list when someone votes even though the thread is years old. I think it is considered a bug in the forum software and was changed in later versions. Really a vote should not be considered the same thing as a post on the thread.
Totally agree with you on that one.

There seems to be a lot of old polls appearing lately.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Only just seen it but reckon the T series 2.0 Turbo would be the best.
My mate reckons his is running around 350bhp at the moment with more potential...admittedly it is shockingly quick for an old style rover 200! (GSI)

·
The Pope
3,408 Posts
Know a guy who has a Rover 400 T turbo (HHR) with about 225bhp. Its been kitted out like a ZS with ZS suspension body interior etc. Its brilliantly fast and handles well too, so god knows what your mates 200 is like Mike!
Jim

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I used to own a ZR look alike (well almost)
It was running 400bhp and 360ft/lbs of torque.
That was a quick car, trouble was, the body would twist under full load, would upset the car some what.
High boost great car in a straight line, low boost it was fun in the bends.
Was happy to see the back of it TBH,

Eddie

·
19,410 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I admit, it was quick in a straight line but the chassis would twist at 24+ psi, quite worrying when you’re on the power and you can feel the bodywork moving.
In all honesty, I much prefer the Honda, the power delivery is far more civilized and it has the handling to compliment, without the gas it’s close to what the Rover T16 was making, but a lot of thought and work went into the build.
Getting 200+ through the wheels of a FWD car and retaining the handling and traction is a balancing act, double that to 400 (Super car territory) and you find yourself re-inventing the wheel.
I believe the ZS180 chassis in standard set-up could quite easily cope with 220bhp as a road car, the brakes and gearbox would require attention, nothing substantial, better combination of discs and pads, stronger clutch, steel caged bearings and I would say the maybe a diff.
My personal opinion has always been the ZS chassis was over engineered in relation to the engines power, this is not a bad thing, it’s the trade mark the car has become renowned for, it’s handling.
Increase the power and at some point you’re going upset the balance, at this point, what do you do?
This is were the likes of Peter Stevens work would be compromised, which for me is the point to move away from the car towards something else.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts