MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a 1994 Wrx Import last sunday in bright red with 90k on the clock.

She drove home quite nice on the M4 but when in traffic and near to home the water works started to gurggle and spill over into the leak off bottle?

Now we knew that the last owner had just had head gaskets done so thought, " Here we go then?"

But I had just driven her gently for 25miles so it couldn't be major?

I found that seal on rad cap had perished so bought one off ebay for £8. Fitted it the other night after burping the system and removing huge air locks.

She runs lovelly now and as sweet as. All for £850 and tbh she is in better nick than the 1998 one we had.

He sure wasted his cash on head gaskets.

Getting a new mot soon and will put her up for sale I guess.

After a few fun runs of course.

I think they were 256bhp as standard and this has a few tweaks. I did give her one or two acceleration tests on the way home and boy, it really does fly.

Will put a few picks up later.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Sounds fun, wonder if thats why it was so cheap, maybe he thought hgf again, lets get rid!!!

£8 fix, doesnt sound too bad, best of luck with the MOT, hope it flies through.

Had a look at some Evo's down here £4000 - £5000 range at a garage, looked like they had just come off a banger racing meet.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheapest wrx I've seen on Piston Heads about same year and spec is £1700 and despite current fuel costs they are still quite sought after. This one has been looked after as in November they spent £300 on alarm mods having a pager system fitted. All four good matching tyres is also a good sign of care. Looks like we need a centre exhaust section and a pair of rear discs up to now.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

Hopefully a new centre exhaust section and some new rear discs and pads and she will have a new ticket soon.

Now someone suspected that the head gaskets had gone but all was needed was a new rad cap for £8 Happy Days !

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She is quite nice tbh. Turbo timer, short shift gears, nardi s/wheel and alarm pager system. Later wheels four matching tyres with good tread.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Such good looking cars, i used to have a red 1.6 that i did up as a turbo lookalike if it wasnt for the price of fuel and insurance i would have a 2001 bugeye.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts