MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well she's gone.
Sold the 180 a few months ago actually but only just posting up.

Sold to her to a fellow forum member from Germany who's name I cannot remember.
I have been running around in a tuned fabia vrs for a few months which impressed me very much but just sold that also.
Just ordered a candy white octavia vrs 170 diesel. (I have been converted to diesel torque and economy) No derogatory comments please lol.

I will be selling some really juicy goodies soon which I am sure people may be interested in after building what was going to be a track car which has also been sold on.
will let you all know soon.

I will keep popping on to see what folks are up too.

cheers Daz

·
No longer a Rover / MG owner.
1,152 Posts
Good to see the 180 gone to another enthusiast.:)
Those Fabia Vrs are quick aren't they? My mates brother has one remapped to 185bhp, but with a FMIC, Nitrous and water/alcohol injection it made 250bhp and 450lbft on the rolling road.

caning it with everything switched on it was still returning 40+mpg.........:err: and went like the proverbial scalded cat.

Hope you enjoy your new Octy

·
Registered nUber
2,259 Posts
Shame you've left the fold Daz as from seeing you car it had so much promise and all done to a high standard. What bits you selling off as I'm on the look out for some parts?

Diesel ain't a bad option, I was impressed with the little L series but no doubt theVRS will be infinatly better.

Rob

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you sold a firefrost red Mk2 RHD than i think it was my brother who got it^^

don't worry we'll take care of her

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Good choice of new motor Daz, Ive got one as a company car.

Wak

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Guy's.
Yes it was a firefrost mk2 with the jvc satnav.

Yeh rapid yellow the vrs came from pd tuning in newcastle and had large intercooler hybrid turbo and sachs clutch and flywheel bigger brakes etc. It was running 200bhp with 320ft/lb torque. Amazing cars.
The octavia should be a little more refined.

The thing about the MK2 Zs180 is they are quite rare really so people do notice them and probably wonder what they are sometimes with the body kit.

the thing you do notice moving to a more modern car is just how much standard equipment/toys you get in them.
Ok you don't really need trip computers and auto lights wipers etc etc, but they are nice.
And so much more economical.
Don't get me wrong I loved the Z and keeping her in tipi top condition but you move on.

As I say will be keeping an eye on things here and no doubt will be posting some pics of the car when it eventually arrives.(12 to 14 week delivery)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will post up what I will be listing over the next couple of days.

Witness give me a pm if you need anything specific I may have it.

cheers Daz

·
Administrator
10,642 Posts
Nice motor. Tuned diesels are the way foward.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts