MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Mike Satur Daytona comes highly recommended. When I was working in Barnsley a colleague had one on his MGF and it sounded very nice.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi John,

Yes, I did look at Mike Satur's site yesterday. He always had a good reputation and he used to sponsor this site.

Will take a look at the Daytona.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I've had a TT MK2, TT Mk4, Janspeed (X-Power) and an MS Daytona over the years.
The Daytona is the pick of the bunch, its well made, sporty sounding when you want it to be and is civilised at motorway speeds, important if you intend traveling any distance in an F/TF.

The worst was the TT Mk4, which just drones. I would even rate the TT MK2 better despite its poor build quality.

·
Registered
29 Posts

I've had the TT Mk4 on my first TF and I liked it at the time but agree that it could get a little droney at motorway speeds.

I then had custom boxes on both the RCZ and my ZS 180 and they were nice but I never feel that custom jobbies are as good as designed for systems due to the lack of noise or tone refinement.

I now have the TTMk7 shown above on my new TF and I love it. Its very MGB offbeat warbly at lower speeds, especially between 2k and 3k and then its got a great howl in the upper rev range.

Also at motorway speeds its a lot less intrusive than the MK4.... plus... look at it!

Great exhaust if you can get over the uneven gas flow but then thats what you get if you can justify a non chambered can

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Never did buy it - the TF is off the road.

Can't decide whether to fix it to sell it or try to sell as is.

Well, I say fix it - it doesn't need the exhaust. But its 95% wanting one.

It was my sons car - but somehow it became mine. Currently in our garage - Trophy Blue TF135.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts