MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just joined the site because Ive been offerd a '02 MG ZS 180, Its got 69k miles on the clock and a new ish mot.

Ive never had a MG and know nothing about them but really like the look of them,
What should I be looking out for? whats the MPG going to be like on short runs with the V6?

Thanks all
Hayden

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
Re: Tell me about ZR 180 please!

First question you need to be asking is has the engine had new cambelts fitted, if not then they are due to be changed and you need to consider this when buying. Short run MPG will be 22 - 26, but will depend how heavy footed you are! :D

Kelvin

·
Registered
76 Posts

Hi dude, where abouts in sussex are you based.. if your close to arundel or hassocks then it would prob be easier to come and look over mine then i can show you all the bits that can and sometimes do go wrong rather than writing war and peace lol.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts

Hi Hayden, I've got a derv so dont know much about the 180 apart fron the posts on here.

As Kelvin says check that the belts have been done, if not it can cost around £500 odd + or - , also the thermostat can leak, orange water mark in the middle of the V. Vis and Power motors can play up, should get a kick around 3000 rpm if they are working. Rattle from the top end can be from the manifold, which can be costly to replace. Clutch hydraulics can give problems but you can get a kit on here that replaces and upgrades the OE.

Best thing is to use the search facility on here and put in the above and it will give you loads of info.

Best of luck if you do go for it.

:wave:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts