MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm very impressed with the design.

It's functional, it's use of space is bordering on revolutionary. I love it right down to the exhausts.

It has presence, it will be noticed, can't say that about many cars these days.

It has style, Rover have always made cars that look good. This is as much a revolution as the Daytona inspired SD1.

If it makes production Audi, *** and Volvo must be quaking in their boots at the prospect. It steals the Estate and Mpv market in one swoop for that sector.

I'd imagine development costs would be high though but I can't see a shortage of partners for this one.

Who would you see as a development partner ? Could it be done off the 75 chassis and floorpan?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
It will be done with Brilliance, on a very heavily revamped floorpan.
One of the reasons John Towers or Kevin Howe were not at Geneva is that they may have to fly to China at a moment's notice to conclude the deal.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
The more i look at it the more it grows on me.
i certainly would like to be a fly on the wall in the corridors of *** munich :cool:

·
Registered
81 Posts
yes it's growing on me too, but I still hate the imposing and butt ugly american style front.

the little movie makes the inside seems nice too, so I hope that the engines will get a suitable update to match. And I'm think 3l KV6 driving all wheels sounds like an option that should be considered for top models from the outset.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree a rebored and remapped 2.5L V6 out to 3L makes a lot of sense, 4 wheel drive then takes it into the Audi Traction Avant market.

I read the article and this whole thing reminds me of the Rover I know, innovative and daring. It's the T4 project of 1958 all over again although I think jet engines are a no-no this time round. If the TCV does make it to production, a lot of people are going to have to really rethink the Rover brand. I feel it will win a lot of new customers and maybe win Rover an equal share of a new partnership.

I can't wait for all the motoring pundits to start saying 'Well, Rover what a brand, great heritage, they make great cars'. Of course we'll know they were the first to desert the brand and the last to come back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.