MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the more things go wrong with my kv6 setup the more i am thinking of a t16 setup and i think i have found away for making the mg a weekend toy for me so i can go mad with it a bit.
main problem i have though is how the wiring is done and also if it bypasses or means i can put a different type of alarm in my mk2 zs i might just go for it.
so with the t16 setup do you do away with the alarm and the 180 ecu?
many thinks

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yeah mate you need a early 220/420 ecu as these dont have the alarm programed into it and then just get a new cat 1 alarm fitted

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Yeah mate you need a early 220/420 ecu as these dont have the alarm programed into it and then just get a new cat 1 alarm fitted
Yeah any T series with a distributor is mems 1.6 so no 5AS or other needed, if its coil packs its mems 1.9 and needs a 5AS or a 5AS code generator.

Dont know how the mk2 BCU would behave if you stopped using it as the alarm, there is a chance it would stop other functions working aswell.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i cdounld do that without to much problem but what sort of features would loose and could they be added in the new cat 1 alarm? i know some of the clifford alarms will knock one out for you there so advanced.
if i only lost a couple of things like wipers and stuff could i not re wire it in to the rover ecu?

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I understand you can remove the alarm etc from mems 1.9 by altering the ecu - rsm used to offer this on their T16 conversion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts