MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is borderline too noisy (read: the missus nagging about it is too noisy) for me so I am tempted to swap for something quieter as I want to fit my sports cat. It's great day to day but long journeys do my swede in with more load and the pipes getting louder as they get hotter.

Can't swap with custom cat-back as they ususally don't have the flange between centre and backbox.

stainless steel
Piper
4" jap slashcut
only a year old? I got this second hand.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Two choices her then: Lag the boot up with sound proofing, OR put the misses on the roof rack.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 birds with one stone : put the missus in the boot as soundproofing?

I planned to sound proof the whole shebang next summer, thanks for the reminder :)

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We'll have to meet up and compare then as my folks up are near Nottingham. Xpower didn't do a square one but if it sounds right I don't care. I'd change the tip though :)

·
bigfella-network.co.uk
5,743 Posts
I'll be up for swapping mate, got an XPower round one, I'm sure its quieter than the piper although mine is still fairly loud due to having a decat!

Am in Swindon soon if you are up for it.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3" isn't it? I have heard it's quieter and I prefer the slightly less in-your-face tailpipe size. You have PM.

Sorry Rakester but easier to have one brought to my door to swap. Also the xpower is a known quantity. ("-tity", lol)

·
bigfella-network.co.uk
5,743 Posts
Well, we're going to have to get it off the car which I will be driving. Will drop you a PM.

·
Registered
976 Posts
ive got a twin exhaust for a saloon mk1 which i want to get rid of as its too quiet, and i want something different, would you be interested in it?

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts