MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont see many decent mgs in this area.. Would anybody be interested in a meet in this area? Im not too bothered where aslong as its not a million miles away lol

·
Passionate about MGR.Cars.
4,082 Posts
There used to be evening pub meets in the Maidstone area that back in 2004/5/6 were very frequent - initially often monthly that moved around the south each month. They became a bit hit and miss for a while then I started posting up dates for meets generally in the Maidstone/ Sevenoaks areas but I gave up in around 2009 as the last one I organised only me and one other turned up and he was my mate up the road with his ZR.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know EXACTLY what you mean...been like that eith local talk ford meets...last 1 was me and 1 other car...you interested in getting some going for this area again?

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
I've been to the Brentwood, Halfway House, one, get a good turn out of MG and Rover from around London.

·
4,082 Posts
I think things like Facebook etc have killed off meets as people have become more unsosiable & prefer pressing keypads/web cams rather than talking in person. Sign of the times I guess.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol true, i do hate facebook, nothing good comes from that imho, with the meets you get to go for a drive, admire other peoples cars, they can see yours, compare notes/ideas, get advice....even get help fixing little things, then have a nice drive home, and you dont have to upload a single picture lol,

·
4,082 Posts
lol true, i do hate facebook, nothing good comes from that imho, with the meets you get to go for a drive, admire other peoples cars, they can see yours, compare notes/ideas, get advice....even get help fixing little things, then have a nice drive home, and you dont have to upload a single picture lol,
Yep 100% correct....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts