MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some advice....thinking of purchasing supercharger for my zs 180 mk2 but seems to be alot..a hell of alot of crap surrounding it and i dont know what to make of it weather it is an engine eater or weather its actually a good peice of kit. ive read up on how they work so i understand the basics just not sure on relability strengthened internals..etc

if some one would be able to pm me to give me some advice id be greatly appreciated.

cheers luke

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Save your money, for the price of unit and installation, rebuilding your engine every few thousand miles... go and buy yourself a faster car lol. You can buy a Skyline for £1500 these days with a 2.5 straight six turbo and 400bhp is not expensive to gain from 1 of them.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Save your money, for the price of unit and installation, rebuilding your engine every few thousand miles... go and buy yourself a faster car lol. You can buy a Skyline for £1500 these days with a 2.5 straight six turbo and 400bhp is not expensive to gain from 1 of them.
one problem with that is you then have a crap jap car! id do a reyland engine transplant instead, 300bhp cheaper than a supercharger and lighter and much more reliable

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
think i will ditch the idea then...it is a quick car any way so i will just spend money on a flywheel and some cams i reckon...maybe even treat myself to a itg induction kit as the existing induction kit is a bit cheap and not to great...

cheers guys .

ps my car is silver what colour wheels you reckon will look nice with the standard alloys?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well ive been speaking to one of the guys on here that does the racing and they supply it and fit it for you and seems to be enough good things said about them..vulcan racing there called give them a call or email them...

·
Registered
62 Posts
well ive been speaking to one of the guys on here that does the racing and they supply it and fit it for you and seems to be enough good things said about them..vulcan racing there called give them a call or email them...
Cheers for that. I'll give them a call and see what they say and how much they want to do it

·
Registered
976 Posts
you going to take the supercharged zs on a track day at all? join me if you fancy it got a few planned the next month or so, be good to see what it compares to against a lightened track zs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts