MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought the Moss supercharge kit for my MGB GT.

Anyone else fitted one? and any advice before I start?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Not fitted one but discussions on the darkside from owners suggest that to feel a benefit as large as Moss advertise for the kit requires some work to the head.
You could have a word with Peter Burgess at Peter Burgess Engineering, he's had a massive amount of experience with MGB engines (he builds my race engine) and I know he has donw work on supercharged MGB's. He will have no problems in chatting to you and giving advice on the installation based on his experience. His work number is 01773 520021.

Tony

·
Registered
84 Posts
You could try and contact these chaps at www.upgrades4mgs.co.uk - they have a page dedicated to superchargers, and feature the Moss kit as well as the Hi-flow kit. One of the contributors has fitted the Moss kit.
Is your engine absolutely bog standard low compression?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
You will find Martin and Phils info on fitting the kit very useful.
They are both regular contributors to the MGOC BBS.
And both are a mine of information.

Perry

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
perrymgbv8 said:
You will find Martin and Phils info on fitting the kit very useful.
They are both regular contributors to the MGOC BBS.
And both are a mine of information.

Perry
I've just had a read, very interesting. I've added it to my favorites so I can keep having a read as and when :)

At the moment the engine is BOG standard (18V) but it's knackered, hence the rebuild and a supercharger.

I've looked into various options and I think I'll be having a Peter Burgess supercharger head and maybe a 270 degree cam (but i'll seek Peter's advice on this) Other than that I'll lighten & balance the bottom end and flywheel.

I'll be stripping the engine out next weekend and no doubt it will be up and running by the beginning of June. Just in time to be run-in for the run to MG Silverstone. :beerchug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts