MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I haven't been on here for a while, so hello!

I just wanted to know how the other MG ZS's with supercharges are doing?

Bit of an update, I have treated my car to a full respray (as a car restorer it was rude not to!) By the way, if anyone wants any advice on painting bodywork just ask, I am a trained painter & panel beater.

I noticed a very slight whine from the supercharger and with the aid of a stethoscope found that the rear bearings were making it.

So I pulled the blower off and stripped it down, whilst it was apart I found a coupe of pretty significant design faults that needed addressing! If not addressed your blower WILL fail!

This is a very tight clearance blower and if anyone on here wants to rebuild one and fix the faults you will need a lathe miller to make up a couple of tools and obviously a welder and air tools etc... and a good knowledge of superchargers helps too!

Hope you enjoy the pics! Looking forward to hearing from the other supercharged guys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's sad to hear it used to be very active didn't it
Thanks Drew. I remember a bloke called Ross on here with one would be nice to here from him and how his one is getting on and any mods he has made to it

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not sure Ross comes on here anymore. I've seen a few posts on the mg zs forum but that was of his track Clio which has now made way for an Audi R8!
Not jealous at all!

Not sure if he's got the zs still. I'll ask.

Drew

·
MG ZS180 MKII 5 Door
207 Posts
I remember a video of one at the Nuremberg Ring!

Sound sweet if a bit winey.

Think that makes the power out put up to around 225 bhp??

Hope to see a video of yours soon??

·
MGaz. lifes too short not too
324 Posts
I remember a video of one at the Nuremberg Ring!

Sound sweet if a bit winey.

Think that makes the power out put up to around 225 bhp??

Hope to see a video of yours soon??
got a link to the FB page?

Or is it a personal page?

I wonder how many supercharged mg's are left?

·
MG ZS180 MKII 5 Door
207 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts