MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All in aid of the Stroke Association

Supercar Saturday 2010

Supercar Saturday is a unique event featuring Supercars, Classics and Racing Cars, where you can join in the action for a passenger ride around the high speed rollercoaster that is Castle Combe Circuit in Wiltshire. Combe has been called the "most action-packed" circuit in the UK, and for a good reason. It tests cars to the limit with its twists, bumps and high-speed corners and Saturday the 23rd of October is your chance to find out what it feels like to be out there, inside one of these superb cars.

A fabulous collection of exciting cars and highly skilled drivers will be waiting for you and for a donation to the Stroke Association starting from just £20 the choice is yours! Take a look at the list of cars we have this year; everything from a classic E-Type Jaguar, through a Ferrari 360 Fiorano to the mind-blowing Radical Sports racing car.

New for 2010, we also have the opportunity for you to become a motorsport competitor for the first time, with an AutoSolo organised on site by Bristol Motor Club. Can you navigate the testing course in the fastest time of the day? Only one way to find out ? take the challenge!

list of cars and drivers taking part

MGF Racing Red DaveK

Marlin 5Exi Ken Robson

Westfield Chris Bradley

MGF Cup Andrew Radford

Subaru Impreza RA Jules Freeman

Dodge Viper GT3 Nadine Geary

MGB K Series Ollie Neaves

Triumph Spitfire Le Mans owned by Mark Field

Ultima Spyder Chris Varey

Porsche 911 Carrera RS David Chivers

Porsche 964RS Tim Barber

Lotus Elise Rob Clarke

TVR David Cohen

Ferrari 360 Fiorano Noel Marsh

Radical SR4

1970 Jaguar E-Type 4.2 **** Horler

Radical SR3 Steve Roberts

Radical SR3 Martin Phillipson

Caterham 7 Jonathan Hallet

MGB GT V8 4.2 Mark Rawlins

Maserati 4200 CC Peter Noonan

Radical SR Rachel Davis

Maserati Gransport Matt Yates

Maserati Gransport Simon Mitchell

MG ZS V6 Vulcan Peter Burchill

MG ZR Vulcan Dan Ludlow

Ariel Atom Robin Davies

Ferrari 308 Andrew Everett

BMW M3 Angus Gorringe

SPECIAL GUEST - Barrie Williams

In British motorsport it's like Barrie "Whizzo" Williams has always been there, because he pretty much has! His motto has always been "if it's got wheels I'll drive it" Growing up on a farm meant learning to drive on a tractor and the skill needed to handle slippery lanes meant his rallying career took off rapidly. By 1964 he was winning major rallies such as the Welsh International in a mini Cooper S. In days when racing cars had more power than grip, these skills held good on the track too and by 1967, Barrie was racing in Formula 3 against the likes of the legendary Derek Bell and Ronnie Peterson

Throughout the 60s and 70s, Barrie was part of the "drive hard, play hard" set alongside people like Gerry Marshall, racing and winning in some of the hot saloon cars of the day.

These days, whilst being a member of the elite British Racing Drivers Club, Barrie is hugely in demand as a driver of fine historic racing cars. He knows how to get the best out of them because he was there the first time round! To prove the point, Barrie was on the podium only a couple of weeks ago at the Goodwood Revival in the Richmond trophy race for 50s and 60s F1 cars.

We are delighted to welcome him as our Special Guest

Display parking areas include : -

MGCC ZR/ZS/ZT Register
MGCC F Register
Two-Sixties (V8 ZT/ZTT and V8 75's)

Come along, it will be a great day out!

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Great day out, went when Dreadnought Racing was there, do you just book a car when you arrive, or pre book???

Also is there helmet hire or bring your own???

Last time we got there rather late, what time do the gates open??

Hope you get a good turn out.

:wave:

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
what no supercharged zs to let everyone down again ,lol

·
No longer a Rover / MG owner.
1,152 Posts
what no supercharged zs to let everyone down again ,lol
Where's the1.8T ZS and 1.8T ZR then? Mr Reland busy is he? lol

·
POL Group/MG ZR Owners/MG ZS Owners Club
1,278 Posts
i went in 2008 when the Awesome Dreadnought 520 ZT was there. great day out.

here is the 2010 poster for the event.

·
12,325 Posts
Where's the1.8T ZS and 1.8T ZR then? Mr Reland busy is he? lol
well i dunno wether you have read his recent posts but seeing as he said he has "the big C " in his words, then he might have other priorities, like trying to survive !!!
I took the turbo zs last year but as i no longer have it im out this year ,lol .

im pretty sure if he was well enough and he was invited he would be there but he never has been invited, Partly because others might have their noses put out imo but hope im wrong because martin and his cars would attract a crowd and a crowd is what you need to raise money.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
well i dunno wether you have read his recent posts but seeing as he said he has "the big C " in his words, then he might have other priorities, like trying to survive !!!
I took the turbo zs last year but as i no longer have it im out this year ,lol .

im pretty sure if he was well enough and he was invited he would be there but he never has been invited, Partly because others might have their noses put out imo but hope im wrong because martin and his cars would attract a crowd and a crowd is what you need to raise money.
Thats what the day is all about, raising money for good causes.

I wish him well and hope that he gets better so he can attend sometime in the future.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
May also take a look dependant on weather too!

Dave v6 What happened to your turbo then?

·
12,325 Posts
sold it mate, tight year at work so couldnt afford to use it.

·
POL Group/MG ZR Owners/MG ZS Owners Club
1,278 Posts
Hi Peter, yeh that Dreadnought ZT sound awesome, my lad went with Paul for the soundtest before the start of the days racing.

my Daughter Harriet holding the door for Brian(scooter) , me and my Son Dan chatting to Paul Luti supercar saturday 08

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Was a great way to go out in some really fast cars, the MGB V8 was one of the fastest but did look a bit battle scarred.

:wave:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great news! Anthony Reid has confirmed he will be with us at Combe for Supercar Saturday again this year.

This is a rare opportunity to meet and get a ride with the Number One MG works driver of the modern era. Four seasons of BTCC and twice at Le Mans with MG. And who else has a fan club called A.R.S.E.?

http://www.anthonyreid.com/

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Great news! Anthony Reid has confirmed he will be with us at Combe for Supercar Saturday again this year.

This is a rare opportunity to meet and get a ride with the Number One MG works driver of the modern era. Four seasons of BTCC and twice at Le Mans with MG. And who else has a fan club called A.R.S.E.?

http://www.anthonyreid.com/
We will see if he wants to drive my Zs again

What a great chap and can drive whilst talking to you and over take with perfect lines while continue conversation with you.

Cant wait for the event we will be show casing the new colours and 2 of 3 team cars.

·
Wrote off but not Dead YET !!!
4,803 Posts
i really enjoyed this last year even though the weather was crap, but this was good as there was a load of drifting from Luti in the ZT :D, dont think i can make it this year but good luck to everyone thats going

·
Registered
976 Posts
it was a cracking event last year, hopefully i get there again this saturday. shame there wont be a zs300 this year tho, great watching that rip the track up

1 - 20 of 28 Posts