MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are those looking at sunstrips - Lord Nikon - ffcphone to mention but 2 - I wanted one just for Le Mans (although I've missed the boat I fear).

Anyway let us all see your designs, prices and suppliers.

I'm sure these will be required by MG enthusiasts - maybe a group buy?:lol:

·
Longbridge !
3,306 Posts
I wouldn't mind a BTTC XPower style one.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Working on a X-Power style one at the moment. Just trying to convince the company into doing different base colours to match our cars. This does obviously bump up cost to us in the long run, hopefully should have a price soon, and afew pics, once I get my digi camera back !!

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefuly will have a SUNSTRIP for Le Mans - blue with the site url and Graphic. No MG logo. :cool

I doubt it will be a permanent thing as it's too in your face - MAX POWER thing. Although I could be swayed.:rockon:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Sounds good to me.....wonder if I can get one for my ZR?? :D

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Hmmm, the windscreen on the 75/ZT isn't the biggest in the world... How will you see out???

(Bear in mind that not all policemen look too kindly on things that obstruct your view out).... :D

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Just got one - the blue's fine, it has an MG logo which I didn't want and the XPower font is wrong as well as the shade of green :cuss:
May still put it on the car - but on the back screen - was only for Le Mans anyway! :hammerhea

I'm going to get Mook to produce a strip 150mm wide (can be less if the concensus is narrower). I think ffcphone is getting his made narrower.

With the site url in the font used for the sticker (xpower-mg.com) and the site logo on the passenger side (again it could be both sides). Colours, Trophy Blue strip (or best likeness with a silver url & logo). Or Black with silver url and logo.

I'm sure Mook could do other combinations if asked; colour summary:

Trophy Blue - silver.
Black - silver.

If you would like one please reply to this thread.

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
sunstrip

I've just finished tinkering with the design for my sunstrip (as below).

Unlike conventional touring car / boy racer strips, mine will not be 20cm deep. This is because (a) they look naff (b) because I'm 6 foot tall, the area a 20cm strip would cover would reduce visibility quite substantially and (c) I don't want the wiper sweep area to be encroached upon.

So, I have done some measurements on my ZR and concluded that a 7cm deep strip will meet all the above requirements. Additionally, on the passenger's side, I've been able to fit a larger MG logo to protrude down.

I'm also having Mook produce some stickers for me as below

Northern MG Owners, by the way, is the name of the unofficial group of MG drivers/owners that I co-found recently. We meet up every couple of months and go for a thrash around the Dales/Lakes etc. Full details of our next two meets are on our website for those that may be interested.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Great work Findlay. The current strip I have - not fitted yet (raining). Is similar apart from the font - which is very disappointing.

My intention is to have a similar strip to Findlays width and two colours. However, without the logo to replaced with the site logo and url.

The supplier of the site sticker and new strip is Mook - quality work. I'm sure those who have purchased the stickers will agree. :xxrofl:

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
Thanks J. :)

Only sorry that your new strip turned out so bad, especially as place you used was on my "recommendation" (as such) because I'd read good things about it on other BBS. Suffice to say I'm not using them, not that they've had the decency to reply to my emails for the last week anyway.

Mook and I are in the final discussions about the finer details so will hopefully have everything done soon. I'll get some pics when it's installed.

F

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Never applied the strip to the ZT before Le Mans (raining in the UK Thursday night). :angst

Also, decided that after Le Mans I will Pass on a sunstrip for the ZED. However, if any body wants one, I will coordinate with Mook to manufacture a quality strip as outlined above. :yakyakyak

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a touring car style strip on my yellow 160, i had it made by a company with the mg logo and xpower logo on, email me at [email protected] for photos & details. Trophy yellow just happens to be a very very close match to the standard yellow of these strips, not sure about the other colours though.

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
www.xpower-mg.com

Decided against the sunstrip. But..........

MJDesigns are producing a rear "url" in xeon - the colour changing holographic stuff. An example is on Mooks car, and on the rear quarter shot you can see how the light is catching it and its reflecting green. It goes through all the colours of the rainbow and looks rather smart. £10 each inc p & p.

Or visit this page for bigger pics

The order is being processed today, so I would imagine if anyone wants one move fast and he will oblige!

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
Just seen Findlays NMGO sticker - Mook has excelled himself!

Like it - just don't know where to put it! Off to clean the ZT ready for tomorrow.

Some serious machinery there tomorrow! 360 Bhp Extreme EVO demonstrator!

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
You're right J...looks cool. Sticker's gone on my rear window underneath the rear wiper and put my sunstrip on last night. Both use reflective white. Last night as dusk descended I was moving around my drive in a strange manner looking at the effect of viewing from different angles. Looks well good!

As soon as my digicam returns from France I'll get some pics.

F

·
Registered
3 Posts
ffcphone, you might want to check on one thing before you get stoped by the Police. As I’m lead to believe it is illegal to use white reflective vinyl on the rear of any car, lorry. You must have seen the police, ambulance, AA, RAC etc etc all use reflective Red Orange and Yellow Blue on the back. This is only what I’ve been told and you might want to get it checked out before it’s too late!!!

Le Mans Fan
:confused:

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
LMF - cheers for the advice m8. My NMGO sticker at the rear is fairly small by comparison to my sunstrip at the front which does reflect well. So hopefully won't get any probs. In any event, blue sides and blue indicator lights will prob attract Plod first.

F

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
Don't think the law will get upset with the sticker - I think they would admire it rather thank "book" the owner. Tiz real quality!

Go and catch some tax dodgerss/uninsured types than bother the likes of "Joe Bloggs" goig about his business.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts