MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Cleaner (aka jon)
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Right, sorry for 'new thread for a forum n00b' but i need advice and cant wait much longer :)

Im about to order a mg zr 105 [+]. Im however slightly dubious about the 105+'s sunroof.

You see im a tall chap (6 foot 4) and in my r45 (company car, im buying private this time) i have serious head problems with the sunny'. Basically you loose about 1.5 inches of head room with a sunroof and my head gets well... stuck :eek:. I didnt have so much of a problem in my old 400 but the new seats in the 45 with the heating elements really bulk the car :/

I was wondering if any of you lot have a ZR with a sunroof and how tight it is (im just finding it hard to find a dealer with a sunroofed car instock atm, if anyone in the steveange / north herts area wants to give me a demo.. ;)). Im not sure if the height adjustment on the + models seats will help at all but the seats ive sat in definatly arnt as bulky as the r45 (could do with being a bit lower seated tho in both cars imo).

Why dont i get a 105 (no +) and spec it up to the +? For the privilage of no electric windows, no eletric mirrors, no heated mirrors or no sunroof it would cost me 400 more :(

Thanks in advance etc. I love the community around the mg's and this site is great.

regards

jb

[edit]
I forgot to add color. Im on course for the anthracite as im finding the trophy blue too common and the yellow too common / loud (im a reserved chap :)) Anyone got the black, thoughts?

Again, sorry for posting as soon as id joined, i like to hang for a few months before asking on the knowledge of people but im in sort of a rush :)
[/edit]

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hello,
I've got a ZR+120 which comes with the sunroof and i must admit to being a touch worried (I'm Six foot Five:D ). The good news is I fit quite comfortably, but it would have been nicer if the seats were about 10cm lower. The best thing i can suggest is to go to your local dealer and actually get in one, at one point i was thinking of going for the ZS120 but in the end decided to go for the ZR because of the better performance and decided I could live with less leg room.

As for the colour my one is Anthracite and it very good:cool:

Oliver

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I have a sienna gold 25 (no sunroof) but a comment on colour - I prefer the lighter, louder colours as they tend to look less dirty for some reason.

Anthracite looks gorgeous when it's clean, but tends to blend in a bit when it's dirty :(

Mind you, my car can look right dirty when they salt the roads too :D

My favourite ZR colours are Trophy Blue and Trophy Yellow but I also like Solar Red and the dark green (not sure what the paint name is....)

·
The Cleaner (aka jon)
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for that OliverZR120, its a great releave to hear that its ok :cool:

I was talking with the chap a my local dealer (mantles letchworth) about color and he basically said whats just been said :) The black is a 'wash your car every 2 days color' where as the blue and particually the yellow hides the dirt really well.

Hmm, i figure i'll manage to keep it clean for 6 months before, tops :)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Beset said:
Hmm, i figure i'll manage to keep it clean for 6 months before, tops :)
My ZS180 is Anthracite (from Mantles, Royston) and, yes, it needs cleaning frequently :rolleyes:, yes, it looks great when clean :cool: and no, I don't clean it anywhere near enough. :) I did wash it fairly frequently for the first 3-4 months. ;)

S.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Auto Glym is what I use, although if you're willing to pay a lot for polish with a plant base try:

www.zymol.co.uk

for that showroom shine! :D

·
The Cleaner (aka jon)
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bounced off thinking to myself 'how expensive can wax be, £30-£60 tops'. I nearly choked on my tea when i read £700 for a pot of wax. That better come from the ears of the rarest worms or something :p ;)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
They do a starter kit which has the concours wax and leather treat and a load of other bits and pieces for £189. That's the one I thought I might get.

They do a scaled down version of the polish which is called 'carbon' I think and the starter kit for that is £90 if I remember rightly.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a 160 so no need for sun roof with that air-conditioning, and I went for the Anthracite ... the new British Racing Green ... or so I'm telling myself:D

·
Registered
46 Posts
On the subject of wax ... my dealer tried to sell me a "dealer applied wax finish", why he thought they could apply it any better than me I don't know. If I agreed to hand over the £200 for the "dealer applied wax" all I would then need to do is to buy a handy sized tube of top up wax for £10 a throw and add this to my soap when cleaning the car.

I declined his kind offer ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts