MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The MG Taliban give notice that any mods like this scoop will not tolerated on any zed and will lead to the car being eliminated!

this car is for illustration only

Attachments

G

·
Mr Neal - that poor guy has wasted money in destroying a perfectly good car. Scoops fine if it's for cooling an "Intercooler."

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Kev,

has the photo been 'enhanced' at all - seemed to remember it not looking that good!!!!!
:D

·
The Scarlet one returns...
1,040 Posts
MX5 moron...

Likewise, any MG roadster sporting this kind of spoiler will draw the inevitable 'shopping trolley' comments!

MX5 'Colouring Wing'

Attachments

·
The Scarlet one returns...
1,040 Posts
Combat Kit!

Or, how about the 'Combat Kit' Note that this kit carries a disclaimer indemnifying the manufacturer against run over pedestrians!!!! :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
*lmao* nice one Dennis, sun strips on the side windows, what an idea :D

Seriously though, how about a cutout on the bonnet for some body coloured mesh for the purpose of creating greater airflow through my intercooler when moving and trying to reduce heat soak after a run? I'm toying with the idea but not got round to it yet :confused:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hya Mook,

I saw these side-window-sunstrips on a German Honda Accord a while back ..... which did look kinda cool.

With bonnet-cut-out/mesh 'n stuff you mean something like the Sabre AutoStyling Rover??

Does look cool, but I guess ya get lots of probs when it starts raining...

Cheers mate,
Dennis

·
Registered
296 Posts
Dennis > not quite mate - that still has some form of moulding added to the bonnet.

Although, thinking about it, given the rake of the bonnet there's a chance the airflow might try going in through the top as opposed to the aerodynamics drawing it through the front. Hmmm, might have to just cut front and sides then ease the front part down a touch to create a reverse scoop. All sounds complete ****e of course but the picture in my mind is reasonable :)

I'd use a fine mesh, of the 'stretched' veriety, so it can be added to aid air flow by being lots of tiny little upturned fins :)

Oh, I don't know, it's late and I'm rambling now .... :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts