MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sold an item on ebay but now that I look at the buyers shipping address i see that he's in Slovakia?? I didn't offer international shipping so why is someone in Slovakia allowed to bid on my auction? Even if he agrees to pay the extra shipping cost I'm not sure I want to ship to another country. More hassle than its worth. What kind of stupid system is this? He hasn't paid for the item yet so what should I do?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Just contact him and explain you are not prepared to ship the item outside of the uk and that's why you didn't offer an international service. Then there should be a link in the item to cancel the sale, I think the buyer has to also agree. Then you could maybe send a second chance offer to the next highest bidder, providing it wasn't a "buy it now" and that they are in the uk.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Post it. I sent a 17kg Scooby exhast mani to Austria last week. If it's to awkward to pack and send then tell him its uk only. You can then offer it for second chance option.

·
Passionate about MGR.Cars.
4,082 Posts
I have had this. All my items say UK only yet when I check items that have sold some are foreign, most have common sence to ask first but I just send an invoice with revised postage. If they don't like it then transaction will be terminated.
Only had a problem once when I sold an MGF boot rack for a friend that I stated collection only & a guy from Belgium bid on it right at the last minute. He never asked before bidding & didn't contact me right away. 24hours later I terminated the auction & then he went nuts leaving me negative feedback & a slanging match etc. I was still the winner as I got my fees back & relisted the item which I believe sold for more.

Apparently Ebay are charging their final value fee on the selling price of an iten & the additional postage from September 2013.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Truly ridiculous system. I always used to block non-uk bidders but since they "simplified" the listing process you don't see those options.

I don't want to start a dispute resulting in bad feedback so I'll just contact him and quote the shipping charge to slovakia and also give him the option to cancel the transaction. If he pays in full then I'll just have to ship it but I will make it clear that if he needs to return the item he has to foot the cost of return postage. But hopefully, he'll just cancel.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
It's worth checking if the buyer actually wants the items sending to Slovakia, I sold some stuff to a buyer registered in Lithuania, but he had an a UK address for the stuff to be sent to, just as well postage to Lithuania would have cost an arm and leg.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Just curious what did you sell ? something for MG ZS? Because there are only few of them and I know all of them .

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's worth checking if the buyer actually wants the items sending to Slovakia, I sold some stuff to a buyer registered in Lithuania, but he had an a UK address for the stuff to be sent to, just as well postage to Lithuania would have cost an arm and leg.
yeah, to Slovakia. Small packet so just over a tenner. He agreed and paid the invoice today so we're sorted.

That sounds a bit risky sending to a different address than the one registered with ebay/paypal. I wouldn't do it. Think you lose seller protection if you do.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just curious what did you sell ? something for MG ZS? Because there are only few of them and I know all of them .
hehe..if it was a car part I'd suspect you were the buyer! Nah, it was some ancient computer part that i was going to throw in the bin. Amazed that so many people wanted it.

·
Registered
559 Posts
As for me , I write everytime first to a seller if he wants to post it into Slovakia. Otherwise it´s not worth of time and hassle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts