R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Straights for me:)

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Straights for me:)
Thats what I'm leaning towards - straights for MkI, 11 spokes for MkII.

Trouble is everytime I make my mind up half an hour later I change it... :bh

·
Registered
39 Posts
Deifinitely 11-Spokes

liked them on TF 160 but like them even more on the ZS

unfortunately they are way too expensive here in Germany

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
11spokes....
However I think the colour has a bearing on the decision as well.
Trouble is I love the 11 spokes but already like the straights anyway.
Back when I had the Hairpins and the Straights came up it was a no brainer.
Even have the two pics above next to each other in picasa so I can flick from one to the other and can't make mind up :agh:
The 11 spokes look more modern imo, whereas you could actually buy a MkI with straights when new, decisions decisions...:slap:

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
The 11 spokes are easier to clean ;)
Have to agree there but i still love the straights when they are clean and the sun is shining on them.

·
''Fire up the Quattro''.
1,935 Posts
Straights & the raised nut covers look great. I was after some when i had my ZR but never found any,must be rare ?.

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
''Fire up the Quattro''.
1,935 Posts

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
............top job mate you would never know. I belive the very early straights did have these in alloy but they were changed very early on to the ''normal'' plastic type flat badge ones ?..
Have only seen the "nut" type in the press launch pics, I know at one point the centre caps used to be alloy but then went to plastic but they were the same to look at - cost cutting I assume, years ago got some new ones for mine, around £6 each from MGR, think the same thing but in alloy was about £20 each iirc

·
Biomorphic and the sun,perfection
3,290 Posts
Have only seen the "nut" type in the press launch pics, I know at one point the centre caps used to be alloy but then went to plastic but they were the same to look at - cost cutting I assume, years ago got some new ones for mine, around £6 each from MGR, think the same thing but in alloy was about £20 each iirc
Alloy centres used to "ring" when cornering,had them on my ZR back then,drove me mad,ended up buying a plastic set which solved the problem.So beware people if you intend "upgrading" to the alloy ones........:err:

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Alloy centres used to "ring" when cornering,had them on my ZR back then,drove me mad,ended up buying a plastic set which solved the problem.So beware people if you intend "upgrading" to the alloy ones........:err:
When they were ringing did you try answering them? :getcoat:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts