MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stone Chips

I know it's a common problem but I've had my ZR 120 for about 2 months now and I have already accumulated at least 15 stone chips. And these aren't any ordinary stone chips, they cut right down thru the paint..... It really p'sses me off!

I've got a touch up stick on order but they have been on back order since MARCH!!

I wonder if Dulux do a Trophy yellow!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
don't tell me about stone chips, i also have several. one has gone right down to the metal and it is now rusting

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah I’ve also got this problem. Its so bad on the MG Z range because they have to comply to the new environmental rules which means no lead in paints, they are now water based.

While this is no doubt better for the environment it means that the paint chips easily:(

·
Registered
388 Posts
I've got a few stone chips on the front of my ZS180 and was thinking of using Chips Away to touch them up. Has anyone got any experience with them?

S.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It seems paint is a bit of a weak point. I believe they transferred over to water-based during the Mark3 200 era. The paint is notoriously thin and easy to chip.

I wish MGR would come up with something to make the paintwork chip and scratch-resistant. Especially as Monogram has been launched and some paint-jobs costing up to £1,800!! I sincerely doubt it will easy to get a touch-up paint for Monogram Typhoon!

·
Registered
644 Posts
well call you local dealers and they will say 'we'll valet it with Superguard piant laquer for £300ish' or go in to Hlfords and buy a can of paint guard for about £10! same thing but if your like me and about as arty as cave man get some one else to do it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts