·
Ahhh. It's good to be back.....
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New car..

** Disclaimer - I still own an MG!! **

Hi all,

Part Ex'd my wifes old ZR 105 for (deep intake of breath...) a

Renault Motorsport Megane R26 230 F1 (or something like that).

I know its got a Marmite arse but I really like it and F ME! is it fast. I missed the ZS 180 power and needed some more fun. I think this might deliver. The limited diff makes a massive difference over the normal 225 and the seats are amazing. This one is MINT - like no scratches, even light ones and the wheels are perfect.

I know the electrics will break and the wings are made out of old French dustbin lids but blimey does it make me smile. I am hardcore MG but I don't think that the Chinese owners are going to deliver anything I want anytime soon so I thought why not have a look around?

·
Still not cured of MG addiction
7,110 Posts
My mate used to have one, and yeah I completely agree you can forgive the slightly odd looks when you drive it. It's a fine machine. Pulls like a train right through the rev range, handles great and I was surprised by the ride quality considering how full-on it is to drive.

Pretty impressive and they can sometimes be picked up for a bargain.

Here's the thread from a while ago:
http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=49800&highlight=r26

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
awesome cars, massively capable.

·
MG ZS 180 MKI
3,364 Posts
Amazing car. I think today in the current market Renault make the best hot hatch out there. My missus has a Renault Sport Clio 197 and its just awesome. I've owned a Corsa VXR and thought that was good but the Clio I just love to bits!!

·
''Fire up the Quattro''.
1,935 Posts
Amazing car. I think today in the current market Renault make the best hot hatch out there. My missus has a Renault Sport Clio 197 and its just awesome. I've owned a Corsa VXR and thought that was good but the Clio I just love to bits!!
...........i thought of one before the Golf,see pic below.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts