MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says . . . . . just come back from a month in China and Zed has sat in the garage and not been touched, jumped in it this morning and she fired up first time, what a car!!! Had many cars before and after 3 weeks sitting most didnt start, usually due to flat battery. Got a prob with the clutch thrust bearing by the sounds of it though, without clutch depressed its very noisy, when clutch pedal pressed she is quiet, any ideas how much that is gonna cost?

Got to go to China in 4 weeks for 12 or 18 months so looking into shipping it out there if it doesnt cost too much, be great to have probably the first ZS180 out there, seen a few ZT's but never seen ZS.

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
As the title says . . . . . just come back from a month in China and Zed has sat in the garage and not been touched, jumped in it this morning and she fired up first time, what a car!!! Had many cars before and after 3 weeks sitting most didnt start, usually due to flat battery. Got a prob with the clutch thrust bearing by the sounds of it though, without clutch depressed its very noisy, when clutch pedal pressed she is quiet, any ideas how much that is gonna cost?

Got to go to China in 4 weeks for 12 or 18 months so looking into shipping it out there if it doesnt cost too much, be great to have probably the first ZS180 out there, seen a few ZT's but never seen ZS.
I believe it's almost impossible to take one into mainland China, especially if you want to use it on the road...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a chinese shipper looking into it, she can do most things and seems to think it wont be a problem, just expensive!!!

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
Looks like my information was out of date, there seem to be quite a few people who have imported foreign cars in the last couple of years.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
mines only not started ones when the battery was dud, and wasnt too happy on the coldest night of the winter but i think that can be expected, was fine after a minute, good cars:)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like its gonna cost about £900 to get it there plus a few other costs to get it to final destination, need to sort out License etc when I get there and then get it shipped out, hehehe cool!!

·
Out Of Touch
230 Posts
Back in the day my dad used to have a Rover 800, can't remember what spec it was but was thirsty and well equipped so maybe a Vitesse or something. It had a car phone and a computer though neither ever worked...

Anyway i remember coming back from holiday and he had to jump it with the metro my mum had at the time, a mighty 1.0, managed to do it but you could pretty much count the rotations of the belts in the metro!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts