MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right members, I like everyone else on here love my MG. The worst thing was at the time of the terrible news of MGR going bust was also about the time my Badges started degrading (coincidence who knows?! lol)

I am proud to announce that I have arranged to get the MG logo to be restored even better than before for MGs.

People pay £40+ for the SV badge and can't fit it anywhere on their Zed. I can now provide members with direct replacement MG badges in the same style as the SV badge. The only difference is that my badges don't have 'XPOWER' on them. Engraving is a fortune. lol

My badges are made from 316 Stainless Sheffield steel, so they'll never rust! and are finished in a satin finish with a border line and the outline of the M and G lettering engraved into them. These WILL last as long as the car, if not longer.

To give you a an idea what they look like;

This is just about as accurate as it gets with an image, although I will post pictures when I receive the first batch back from the engravers.

These badges are priced at £25 each or £40 for a pair.

The technical bit...

They are the same size as the badge on the front of the ZR and ZS (54mm diameter and 4mm thick), they will also fit into the boot handle on the Mk1 ZR. This is mainly due to the fact that I only had my own car as a template for them but you can stick them anywhere you want. I am supplying adhesive with them but feel free to use what you want to stick them on.

If you are interested, please PM me and I will send you my address for payment. Due having been messed about on another forum, there is a cut off time for payment on these. You have until 11th of September to get your money to me for this batch. Then I will be sending the order.

With thanks,

Rich.

·
Registered
772 Posts
A great idea.

My badges have gone bad too. But going for some xpower springs with my available cash.

I hope they sell well but you still have some by the time I get round to changing mine!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
big rob said:
any plans to do the rear one for the zs??

rob
Unfortunately there is only one size badge. I've made sure it will fit on the front of two MGs but to get all different sizes would mean higher production costs because I have buy them in bulk. I will look into it if demand is high enough though.

If the Mk1 ZS badge is the same size as the front, these will fit in the hole no probs.

·
Registered
386 Posts
its the same size as the front one but has its own mounting built in as it mounts straight to the boot lid :sad:

rob

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right people, as promised heres pics of the first batch of badges at the pre-engraving stage, this batch has been sold already. As you can see I've measured them against the Original badges and the are a spot on match!
Excuse the fingers by the way. lol

Next to my boot badge.

On top of the boot badge.

Next to a spare badge I have, hopefully this is clearer for you guys to get an idea of size etc.

I'll post more pics when the engraving has been done.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Blueduck said:
If the effect after engraving comes up nice, I'm interested if you do a second batch. :beerchug
Yeah, thats the point. These are from the first batch I have done for theMGZR.co.uk. I am doing a second batch adverised on here now as well.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm sure I answered you question. lol

Yes I did thanks Rob, its at the bank now.

The pics have gone temporarily as my own website is down at the moment, which means my image hosting and emails have gona down too. they should be back up very soon.

Rich.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All XPF members, heres the finished product from the first batch of Stainless Steel Badges.

These are what the second batch WILL look like. Hope this is enough evidence to place your order.

I know how difficult it is to trust someone with a new project.

Regards,

Rich.

Attachments

·
Registered
663 Posts
ZRX said:
All XPF members, heres the finished product from the first batch of Stainless Steel Badges.

These are what the second batch WILL look like. Hope this is enough evidence to place your order.

I know how difficult it is to trust someone with a new project.

Regards,

Rich.

Does it means they are ready ZRX to ship to those already paid?????

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
drew said:
Does it means they are ready ZRX to ship to those already paid?????
Yeah, the first order has already been filled, the pictures are of the first batch. The second badge will look exactly the same.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I've already paid for 2 via other sources :D

1 - 20 of 164 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.