MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm assuming the connector is that yellow thing under the Driver seat. Well I've tried twiddling it, plugging and unplugging it, WD40'ing it. Nothing doing. Light wont go out. Is there another connector under the passenger seat? I forgot to look. Any ideas what to do next?

Also, will it fail MOT as is?

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
I think there is one under the pass seat as well, WD40, wiggle and push, and hopefully light out.

Best of luck

·
Got the MG bug bad...
1,307 Posts
There is one on each side for each pre-tensioner. Have you changed the Steering Wheel or Airbag? If it is not connected properly the light will come on :)

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is one on each side for each pre-tensioner. Have you changed the Steering Wheel or Airbag? If it is not connected properly the light will come on :)
No, haven't changed anything. Will take a peek under the passenger seat tomorrow. thanks

·
Registered
295 Posts
I had the same problem, in the end I cut and soldered both connecters, turned out it was the passenger side one that was causing me the problems.

Good luck

Rusty

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
The SRS light wouldn't got out on our old 120. Turned out to be a fault with the airbag in the steering wheel. A ring of some kind. Can't remember the name.:dunno:

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I don't think it is an mot fail at the moment, but will be when the new mot regs come into force this year.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
On the ZS the pre-tensioner in the reel at the bottom of the b piller.
The connectors under the seats are for the seat airbags.
Most common cause for the SRS light is the connectors under the seat.

·
Mercedes W638
1,854 Posts
BTW having the SRS light on when tested is now an MOT failure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts