MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which sports cat has the lowest cells per square inch ? from what i can see the janspeed sports cat has 400 cpsi...which has the lowest?

am i right in saying the les cpsi the better the sports cat...

cheers luke.

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Dunno if they have changed them but ours is a Janspeed and its 100 cpsi when it was bought.

·
Registered
559 Posts
on a PTP site it says 200cpsi for janspeed sport cat.

·
Zedhead
177 Posts
Ashley do a Competition cat aimed at race cars (cats are compulsory in Germany even for off-road). Worth asking them about it..
I wouldnt touch ashley with a bargepole ! once bought a performance system off them for my old xr4x4 and it was the shoddiest pile of crap i have ever seen... it didnt even fit.. ended up phoning ashley... had an argument with one of the director blokes.. he had the cheek to tell me i was fitting it upside down !!! erm no mate i dont think so... the front end of the system was too short and the back part was actually welded upside down from the middle box back !!

you have been warned :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi

As far as I know the Janspeed sports cat has 100 cpsi or did when I bought mine.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hi

As far as I know the Janspeed sports cat has 100 cpsi or did when I bought mine.
Janspeed catalysts achieve Euro 4 emissions with a 200 Cpsi high flow ceramic and have a minimum of 60 Grams of coating, with a ratio of 5:1 Pd:Rh, most after markets catalysts will have the minimum coating necessary which is 20 grams.

quoted off ptp

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Dunno if they have changed them but ours is a Janspeed and its 100 cpsi when it was bought.
Hi

Janspeed catalysts achieve Euro 4 emissions with a 200 Cpsi high flow ceramic and have a minimum of 60 Grams of coating, with a ratio of 5:1 Pd:Rh, most after markets catalysts will have the minimum coating necessary which is 20 grams.

quoted off ptp
We both quoted "when we bought it":)

Probably has changed since then but they were quoted as 100cpsi back then

1 - 9 of 9 Posts