MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me about the new bill which has been passed on the unfriendly yellow Box?

I have heard today the bill states that they are only to be used in accident black spots and clearly visible. That’s not behind trees and not used anywhere indiscriminately.

Also, when a new camera is going to be placed, that advance warning of their placement has to be given. Brill :D

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Max, one thing I can tell you is that they are now only allowed to place them in places where there have been 4 serious injuries or deaths in a year or something like that...

Also speed cameras have to be visible from 60 metres in 40 limits, and 100m any speed limit above this...

Oh, and they aren't being called speed cameras now - They are now called "Safety" Cameras... :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
i red in the paper that thease new 'laws' are not laws at all. just a guideline for the authorities to follow! witch as u can imagine means **** all will get changed!:(

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Thats right just a Gov White Paper, but there is a thread on one of the other forums with some of the details on. Don't know if I am allowed to mention it, but MR Mega visits it !!

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
SPEEDING MADNESS - Pistonheads

Be on your toes, a new breed of variable limits are on the cards

The Highways Agency has unveiled plans to introduce continuously variable random speed limits (CVRSL) on the eastbound carriageway of the M4, from Junction 4 to the elevated section near Chiswick. The Highways Agency's much-maligned Tiny computer will automatically alter the speed limit on this stretch of motorway from 10 - 70mph, once every three minutes. The information will be displayed on existing electronic signs and overhead gantries. The limits will be strictly enforced by euphemistic safety cameras, police entrapment vans and traffic wardens with flashing lights on their hats. :spank: The govenrment are beating the motorist again. :mad:

·
Which one shall I drive today?
6,507 Posts
The word RANDOM seriously worries me here. It implies that a 10mph limit could be put on an empty stretch of motorway in perfect driving conditions... sheer lunacy.
Drivers will have to be constantly watching the signs and adjusting their speed by RANDOM amounts, which would be extremely tiring and stressful.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Not only would this be tiring and stressful but also, IMHO, potentially dangerous.

Whatever are they thinking of ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts