MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What space are they saving - they put them in the same place as the old full sized wheels were. Is it me or have we all been shafted out of a spare alloy?

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Nope, no spare at all - was a cost option and I'm too tight to pay for it... :)

Seriously, I get the IMS kit instead. Great if you just get a nail in the tread, but what if it also breaks the sidewall?

Does save weight though... :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
You're not being shafted out of a spare alloy, 'cos a spare alloy won't fit in the wheel well. It will go in there but it will sit well proud of the boot floor. I would have wanted to get a spare alloy but I guess that when the 45 was designed, 17" alloys were the last things on the designer's mind...which is surprising considering how they've made it handle now!

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
No it wouldn't.

A 25 has a Honda style 4 bolt hub whearas the ZT has the 75 5 bolt type.

Also, you can get an 18" alloy in the spare wheel well as it is listed as an option for ZT's!!

Matt.

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Arse, I'd forgotten about the number of studs..... :(

Matt, I'm aware a space saver will fit, it's just that I should be able to get a space saver for a nice (nudge nudge) discount, while a full size spare would cost me 400 quid or so...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nick Young said:
a full size spare would cost me 400 quid or so...
****e you guys are being ripped off. I can't think of any alloy in Australia that'll set you back that much. Matter of fact I could practically kit out my entire car for the Australian dolllar equivalent of 400 quid.

If MGR are charging this much for alloys they could turn a profit from just selling wheels - bugger the cars.

·
Registered
296 Posts
My spare wheel well now contains a 10" sub ..... and a foot pump, so baring a blowout I could at least limp home and get the spare alloy out of the garage. Although the tyres are directional so it's not all good news :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts