Am I the only one here today?
I'm so bored and no one is saying anything! :(

Someone say something!

<slowly going mad.....>

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's true....ok, slowly going insane then - no comments!

G

·
OK.. I'll say something....

I was in Derby in February and one morning outside the Hotel there was a really cool looking car... I was instantly enthralled by it, I had never seen one before...........

It was a MG... Ummmm.. not sure which one, but the new one, Focus sized... ZX maybe....

Anyway..... MG have suceeded in making yet another stunning car........ when are they gonna make a WRC version.........?

Ciao..

Mike.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ZR that'll be the one :D

And they already have made a rally car :D

G

·
Would that be the one I saw on the timesheets from Monte Carlo...

Thats just a 2wd car right.... is there a 4wd turbo version....

Ciao..

Mike.

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Not yet... :D

Yep, it's a 2wd competing in the JWRC and occasional round of the british rally championship...

Take a look at the rallying forum on this board!

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Just take pity on those of us who can't get near a computer during the day (unless of course you have 30 or so pupils there as well).

·
Registered
296 Posts
go on then

Hello, new here, although I know some of you guys from elsewhere :D

G

·
Welcome

Mook

Good to have you on board. Just had a look at your site. Looks good! Just love the Autometer stuff - had some on a previous BL V8 years ago. Real quality! As for Apexi.........:D

Anyway, yep - drag some more of those 200 guys over! More the merrier.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mook,
You'll remember me as the woman who asked for a white dial kit for a 25 to 'ZR it up a bit'. Remember?

Well I decided to bite the bullet and get a ZR instead :D Much cheaper than modifying!

·
Registered
296 Posts
rings a bell

I do indeed, although it seems like a long time ago :eek:

Just about to do another 25 dials, heater surrounds and lighting (red) set in silver :) - let me know if there's anything I can help with :D

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Mook,

Any plans to do any specific Z related stuff?

(I have a recollection of Nat saying that when she asked Rover if the ZR dials would fit in her 25, they said no, because the dials are different)....

·
Registered
296 Posts
mmmm

When I had a test drive of a ZS, it looked to be the same dials as the 45. Havn't looked at a ZR to see if they match the 25, but I have my doubts that they would spend extra money on a different cluster for the ZR when they have one for the 25. It would be worth while taking a closer look to check.

As far as developing stuff goes, sure, if anyone is keen to help with templates then we can sort something out. Made more recent developments of the backlit dials we do, which are now becoming very popular, and with plenty of logo options and such like, I'm sure we could come up with something rather nice :)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yup they certainly did say that the dials were different. In fact, to fit the same dials that the ZR has to the 25, would require a new speedo head - expensive! :(

I went the expensive way around - probably would have been cheaper just to buy a new speedo head rather than a whole car :p

·
Registered
296 Posts
eeeek

*lol* Oh well, worth it in the end I bet :)

In that case, to do some ZR dials I'd need templates from a ZR - any offers :confused:

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Mook,

Something that has just occurred to me, which may be relevant, is that I've just thought that in Nats car the speedo goes up to 130mph.. In even the 1.4 ZR, I think the speedo goes up to 150mph...

Could this account for differences?

Still worth checking I reckon... :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts