MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

soccer sex rat??????????/

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  JLD 
#1 ·
does anyone know who it is or a link to where i might find out?

#3 ·
jerry
a million £ a year premiership player has a injunction at the high court preventing a news paper from reporting his sexploits.
i'm only interested cos its probably common knowledge amongst "media types".
I'm just testing the power of the internet.

#6 ·
Roy of the Rovers !!!

Gary Flitcroft exposed as cheating soccer star
4:41am Saturday, 30st March 2002

The Premiership soccer star who fought a legal battle to prevent a Sunday newspaper exposing his adultery has been named.

Blackburn Rovers player Garry Flitcroft's identity was revealed after a legal injunction ended at midnight on Friday.

The father-of-two fought in the courts for almost a year in an attempt to preserve his anonymity and prevent his wife and children learning of the affairs.

In last-ditch court hearings this week it emerged that the 29-year-old had informed his wife of his involvement in the controversy but may not have revealed the full story.

The Bolton-born midfielder married his childhood sweetheart Karen Horrock at a ceremony at St Anne's Church in Turton, on the fringe of the West Pennine Moors, in the summer of 1997.

The legal battle started on April 27 last year and on November 11 the Sunday People published a front page story stating it "had been gagged by a judge".

In order to comply with the court order, the Sunday newspaper called the two women in question Miss C and Miss D, so that Flitcroft would not be identified. Miss C claimed the Premiership star seduced her with lies about love and phoney promises of marriage.

Earlier this week Flitcroft made a last bid to prevent publication of his identity.

His lawyers asked Lord Woolf, the Lord Chief Justice, not to remove the cloak of anonymity until he had time to ask the House of Lords to consider whether confidentiality laws apply to affairs outside marriage.

On Thursday Lord Woolf ruled that the footballer had now run out of time and the story "would inevitably emerge irrespective of the order which the court has made".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.