MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2,378 Posts
Blimey cool2

Didn't think the front wheel was going to come down for a second there. That speedo was going up faster than the rev counter on my ZS :sad:

Getting a Motorbike (and licence) is most definatly on my list of things to do, not sure I'll be going for a 200mph run on one anytime soon though :beerchug

· Registered
677 Posts
Is that the vid of the hyabusa? cant get on it as at work.

· Registered
677 Posts
yep seen that before, they are fast bikes. dont think i would be on 1 wheel at 140 tho!! there is another vid of one with nos, he is racing a porshe i think when they get to 150 the bike just passes him like he is standing still!

· Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,330 Posts
the scenery doesnt look like its going past at even half of 220 mph,summat fishy imo,at 220 mph you wouldnt see a side road go past so easily and be able to get such a good look at it,ive been150 mph and things come and go so quickly you just dont see them like that.

· Registered
42 Posts
There is no way that is 220mph, I suspect that he has interfered with the the spedo drive gear. I used to ride bikes at silly speeds, and I would say it may only be half of what he was reckoning. The speedo is rising just a wee bit too quickly for my liking and with the wheel being up until "140 mph", it doesn't give you a good chance to assess the lower speeds are comparable to what we all know.

· Registered
138 Posts
No way

I speak from experience in saying that it dont seem anything like 220. My last bike was a gsxr1000 and i ride with a couple of hyabusas.

I have done 146 once on the back wheel( though normally it averages out at 120 ish) and i bootled out at 176 top end( on the speedo). Obviosly on private land.

I know things look different on camera but the white lines didnt seem to be moving very fast at all!

When i was riding everything except 1/2 a mile down the road was a blur!

just dont seem right to me.

· Registered
677 Posts
Things do look different on camera tho, the turbo busa is capable of doing that sort of speed. i have seen one go and you would be supprised, i think there is only two in the country :confused: the fastest i have been on a bike is only 115 so not much to compare with the scenery, but i would say that this vid could be real.

· Registered
42 Posts
ianhills said:
Things do look different on camera tho, the turbo busa is capable of doing that sort of speed. i have seen one go and you would be supprised, i think there is only two in the country :confused: the fastest i have been on a bike is only 115 so not much to compare with the scenery, but i would say that this vid could be real.
I agree, the bike may be capable of that sort of speed, but I have driven / rode at 150+ (never on public highways of course). Just looking at the lines / junctions passing by IMHO, I would still say that half of the calimed speed is more likely.

Mark:roll:

· Everything to the Extreme
634 Posts
Things do move faster than that though at speed... Look at when he is slowing down and theres a dirt road passing to the left at what, an indicated 70... Never in a million years...

Was in Europe this year on the Gixxer (Nurburgring nine and a half give or take a few seconds said Stevie on the stopwatch ??? Eh), GPS read a true 158 to the clocks 165... Things were moving towards me rather quickly and I knew I was on the Continent as everybody saw you coming and moved out of your way, fantastic, it was Germany though and it was legal... Wish we had that here but with the mentality of drivers over here (oh, theres a car speeding down the outside lane, I think I will be a speed enforcement officer today and just move from my constant middle lane position to the outside lane so he has to sit behind me at 55mph...) there would be carnage...

Wow, must have been a bad run to work this morning or something and it was like realy realy suppressed... :)

· Registered
569 Posts
That's a turbo'ed Hayabusa with approx 450bhp (and weighs 215kg wet) equals 1500bhp/tonne (with 85kg rider). Work your own out. ZT 260 is about 150 bhp/tonne.

Another thing. The speedo stops at 220mph, but if you watch tacho, that carries on for another ten percent (220mph at 10k rpm + 22 to 11k rpm), so bike is actually doing 242mph.

<-----------I'm hoping for 375 bhp/tonne from Deimos after I've injected and twin turboed:D

ATB

Simon

· Registered
1,350 Posts
thats not a true speedo. the white lines are being passed too slow. ive a video of a 500bhp busa in the usa. the speedo raises like the tacho on my bike, but as it gets close to the 200 mark, the speed slows very quickly, there is no way this video is true.

although a busa has and will do 200 with a little tinkering.

whose for a tinkered zzr1400 then ?

just back from the usa, where they are already turbo'd bikes.....

· Registered
1,525 Posts
That is complete, utter rubbish.

Regardless of how fast things might appear on camera vs to the human eye, at 220mph, you're covering 107 yards every second. The bike is taking at least half a second to pass those side roads, which would make them 50 yards or more wide. The average motorway lane is about 4 yards wide, so you would be looking at those side roads being the width of a 14 lane motorway. Hardly likely!!

· Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK so I posted a duffer, well this little baby is what I will be doing if I can find a couple of spare £1 notes below the moths:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoG7-wVgD84

This is real and stupid and irresponsible and.... and.... and.... I WANT ONE! maybe I wont go for the 500bhp but 350bhp is easy with a supercharger and probably easier to ride as power is more predictable. I reckon £3k for bike, upto £2k for SC and set up then £500-£1000 for upgraded brakes... Dream dream dreeeaaam dream. Ah bliss! lol

If you cant be harrised to watch vid as its bikes fair do's but this bike can not keep it front wheel on the ground... Its impossible even in top gear at 160mph+ What a stupid mental toy!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.