MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I have just replaced my airbox resonator thing in my MK1 180, and noticed the replacement I am putting in is different.

The top one is the old box and the bottom is the newer one which I got off Pola.

Looking at them my old one (top) is empty inside, the new one I can't see inside of very well but is allot heaver.

So my question is why are they different? Either one have/had an advantage? I'm not really that worried but more intrigued really.

Rusty

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand it's a later model, but I was wondering why they changed the design, is it better/worse?

Any way seems to work fine.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Well I must say the Mk2 version looks cuter! Other than that...no idea. Probably no difference at all.

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Well I must say the Mk2 version looks cuter! Other than that...no idea. Probably no difference at all.
I think you're right. Box and intake pipe look nigh on the same. Just tweaked the design a bit.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
You are the only person I have heard of ever putting one of these back in the car! I've thrown 3 in the bin. If I still have my MK1 res box in the garage I'll let you know as it is worthless to me.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am looking to sell it soon so no point in putting in an inner wing induction kit or anything, and want it as standard as poss. But you are right, it did cross my mind that I was the only person putting one back in lol

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I am looking to sell it soon so no point in putting in an inner wing induction kit or anything, and want it as standard as poss. But you are right, it did cross my mind that I was the only person putting one back in lol
Ha, good point. Although I would add "res box already removed for you" as a selling point. Who buys a v6 and wants LESS induction noise? Good luck with it.

I didn't find my mk1 box in the garage to offer you, sorry.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Every time I look at this thread all I see is *****'s picture shaking his head at me for putting the airbox thing back in :)

Don't worry mate I was just a little intrested. Everytime somthing goes wrong I want to fix it and sell it, but once it's fixed I love it again. Oh well :carstart:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts